BUG Raid 1 - Defense of the City

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Adroxia, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Adroxia Elder

So we got to our normal start of the week raid days today, Sunday evening UK time.

It's new content, let's start with Defense of the City, we don't know anything about it, so let's explore and see how much xp we can lose.

On our 4th attempt, we wiped but learned what we needed to do. And we received the raid win and lockout, and chest and currency and key. :(

I can't see what we did that was strange or different to other wipes, it was just a definite bug. We had the reset message and immediately after was the win message.

I believe other guilds on AB server also experienced the same issue tonight. I don't know if any other guilds had the same, but I have made a petition in-game about it and wanted to post on forums as well to see if this is bugged in other servers! Don't want a fake raid win when Pikeys is super enough to do it properly :cool:

The most annoying part is of course we now don't have practice time for the rest of the week due to the lockout!!! :mad:

Any other bugs out there?!
  2. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

i really hope
    A. this gets fixed
    B. the guilds get rerolled for the kill credit cause... they didnt beat the event
  3. Hatsee Augur

So auto win? That's odd.
  4. Zaph Augur

Meanwhile, Im almost afraid to do more xping/progression anything in the fear my character will be rolled back and it all gone for nothing.

Ild rather beat this raid properly, as I think my guild is more than capable of doing so, but for the moment we are not only locked out of learning it better, but also risk damnation due to a bug.

The event was reset, and possibly there to reattempt after the bug, but we refused to try for fear of it becoming a exploit.
  5. Iila Augur

That never happens in Absor events.
    Kiillz and Axxius like this.
  6. Bamkan Augur

It's a win for trying. :)
  7. Illandra New Member

Well, I see this a bit differently:
    A) is obvious
    B) is a bit harder to say, because on the other hand the guild also has gotten the lockout, so couldn't give it any more tries either. If they are not capable to win the intended way then they will not be able to beat it next week after the lockout is gone and everything evens out in the long run, no?
  8. fortuneteller Augur

Except, it is not a guarantee people would have beat it, so that way is kind of cheat, getting credit/loot for something not completed correctly.
    They might have gone in 5 days without kill .

Oh and I hope noone got the audacity of getting the credit at the guild progression list. Because those that might do should have a Jeremy Clarkson finger in the middle of their forehead pointed at them and say: ....
  9. Iila Augur

Meh, far from the first time this bug had popped up. Unless there's an exploit to make it happen consistently, they got lucky. Move on and care about something that matters.

Evantil randomly bugging out and giving a win with all the achievements had probably given out more sneeze guardians than actually earning that achievement.
    Imrahil and Silv like this.
  10. Laronk Augur

I think calling this a kind of cheat is ridiculous. If you don't intentionally take advantage of a bug you're not exploiting or cheating or anything. Heck if you read the OP then you can see even he doesn't want the win, he wants to beat it the old fashion way; dying till you get it right.
  11. Axxius Augur

Evantil. ;)
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

They didn't.
  13. Deillusional Augur

It happened to raging fury too what I know of, so definitely something dodgy happening there. If flags are removed the their lockout should be too. So it didn't happen to MS? Might be just server related, but the bug happened on ab within 15 minutes of each guild getting the win message.
  14. Conjurous_AB Elder

Think it happened to darkwind also from what we heard.
  15. Casidia Augur

Another one who takes this game bonehead serious, i guess that's what you get for reporting it openly here. Who gives a ratsarse about the progression list these days anyway, only people living in their basement.
    Lisandra and Imrahil like this.
  16. Imrahil Augur

Indeed we had the same "win", which I find annoying as it robbed us of the chance to do it the proper way. I have sent an email to Phathom about the bug also, just FYI.

Oh and no, we didn't update it on the progression site either...
  17. Vlerg Augur

since everything is linear and timelocked... i'm not sure how usefull the progression site will be?

consecutive wins on the one-off raid?

maybe if the 5th raid is PoWar-like hard, time between 4th and 5th raid kill?
  18. Absor Developer

What NPCs were still up? Was this an exceptionally long or short attempt? More details would help.

A
  19. Absor Developer

Did you see this message?

Time has run out. Your enemies fade away.
  20. Adroxia Elder

Last set of lines in my log

Reset happened here.

We rezzed a few, and noticed we had the lockout, some loot items, and this mob:

[Sun Nov 02 20:19:17 2014] Captain Tita`s Soul scowls at you, ready to attack -- what would you like your tombstone to say?
    [Sun Nov 02 20:19:17 2014] This creature would take an army to defeat!
    [Sun Nov 02 20:19:17 2014] You suspect that this being can see you.

And then a chest on top of the pyramid.