BST Playing Possum AA (Feign Death) failing.

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Rakayn, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Rakayn New Member

So I just recently returned to EQ from a 4 month break and am playing my 105 beastlord. In my group I am usually the puller and I have noticed that playing possum fails 3 out of 5 times now. I have all the AAs I can get for it and this never happened the last time I played. Everything I can find says maxed playing possum has a 95% success rate which seemed right before and now I'm lucky to get 50% success.

Does anyone know why this would be happening? All other beastlords I have talked to do not have this problem which is weird.

Another thing I have noticed is that sometimes when I hit playing possum it will but if I lay on the ground for approx 10 seconds then it will trigger and aggro will drop. This is at 90 ms and no lag in any other aspects of the game so Im not sure why that happens either.

Any info is greatly appreciated!
  2. TibalMurphy Elder

I just die...why waste a button with a 30 sec reuse just to fail...so yah if your yank can't handle two mobs, get another tank or just try to use PP....but yah, I just don't use it.
  3. Andronicus Elder

It was working just fine last time I checked.
  4. savrin Augur

Possum is just for a way to you to potentially survive big pulls/trains. It's not meant for pulling or splitting mobs or anything remotely like that. Also, fading agro will not happen immediately. It can take long time to lose agro, though they won't attack you if it works.

It fails quite often, that is I am guessing by design.
  5. Malbro Augur

If you only have rank 1, it'll fail a lot. Need to have it maxed to be of any use.
  6. Rakayn New Member

Yeah I have my playing possum AA maxed out and steadfast resolve maxed out. I was just wondering if it was nerfed or something in the past few months to stop BST from pulling. During rain of fear I was the puller for our group the whole expansion with no problems.

Ty for all the replies!
  7. savrin Augur

The success chance has always been a bit wonky for me. I am sure some can pull with it, but for me it's not much more than a get out of dying free and sometimes save the group from a wipe if it works when you need it. That's with it maxxed too. Spells can still make it fail when all AAs are maxed and it normally fails a lot more than 5% of the time. It almost always takes a very long time to fade agro when it works too and no snare means someone else has to do it or you cannot pull much.