Bst pets

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Yimin, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Yimin Augur

Has anyone else noticed pets are weaker now ?

Yi Min
  2. dwish Augur

Pets in general have been getting much weaker over the past year to a year and a half. The latest hit, and what you are most likely noticing, happened back when they overhauled the heroic stats. During that change, pets went from a base 45% shielding (which they have been balanced around for many years) to 35%. Thus, pets take much more spiky damage then before, and its very noticeable. As as raid beastlord, I don't bother letting my pet tank anything, as I tank 10x better then it does in all situations, and this was not always the case in the past.
  3. Yimin Augur

Let me make this more clear I myself am raiding Bst full raid geared full AA full Exp , now this week I have noticed my pet taking way more dmg . has anyone else noticed our warders taking more DMG ? I also raid on my Mage but don't solo/molo with her any more ....

Yi Min
  4. AnzoRagespirit Augur

Are you by chance using the protection spell, instead of aggression? It makes the pet more tank worthy, but in a patch not to long ago most if not all pets lost a little mitigation it's not just us bsts.
  5. Yimin Augur

Dpends on what I am doing on raids of course I make pet dps machin so use Sekmosets Aggression Rk III , and when I make her tank I use Sekmoset's Protection Rk III ....plus I am mostly raid buffed after raids so she is buff to the max most times and on Bristlebane always can get buffs , people so super friendly this server , and have all AA for pet , I did notice pet spike dmg a lot more this last week ..... pet full health and then she is at 20 percent rather scary , maybe the nerfed Merc healer :(

Yi Min
  6. dwish Augur

If you are asking about a change in the past week or two, then no, I have not noticed any noticeable change in pet mitigation or surviveability on raids or in the group game.
  7. fransisco Augur

About a year ago warriors in general banded together to get pets nerfed in multiple ways - their total hp, their mitigation, and their agro have all been significantly nerfed recently.
    They were listened too (per usual). But no changes have been made in the last month or two.
  8. Duhbeast Augur

It's understandable considering the tools we have, from fortify companion, companion aegis, and our salve heal spells crit them for max health for very cheap. The change to allow us to fight up close with our pets was a big change and I can understand needing balance there.
  9. fransisco Augur

It wasn't a need of balance. Tanks were upset that pets could mitigate somewhat like them. (Pets had high hp and mitigation because they don't turn if multiple mobs attack them. They happily get hit from behind).
    So alot of parses were shown comparing pets to tanks using ZERO tanking abilities (they have enough to always have something running 100% of the time), and many crocodile tears were shed.

The massive pet nerfs were not because BL could melee with their pets (it hit necros and mages too - and even harder), they were because people were upset a boxed tank that wasn't using any abilities wasn't as good as a pet.
  10. Duhbeast Augur

yes, but I'm saying when there are big game play changes such as fixing pet fighting with melee, there needs to be balance so it doesn't get out of control. Bst don't even need mercs in the group game, which is pretty strong when you consider other classes.
  11. Razorbeast New Member

I really haven't had much problems with my warder dying. I'm still upset from their damage output on raids becoming a joke. BST, NEC, MAG pets are doing around 6k dps. I rarely even use mine any more.
  12. smash Augur

In present expansion, I think the mobs have got too good resists, I mean having 10-15 attacks riposted, none went in on the monster ??