Broken Que

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gnothappening, May 25, 2022.

1. Gnothappening Augur

Lol good luck. All I care about is my name.
  2. Gnothappening Augur

maybe, but I started the thread :)
  3. uk6999 Augur

They could help ease the new server transition by allowing people to create/reserve player names through their web site account support section. I would make a guess that a certain % of players that arent TLP vets and have been through this before give up on the game when they see a 3m queue that really means multiple hours and unsubbed. I was really surprised to see the number of p99 players come through our discord that were going to give Yelinak a try.
  4. Gnothappening Augur

im only fighting the queue for a name. Once I get it I can wait a week.
    Jedipokey likes this.
  5. Jedipokey The Devs have become better at Apathy! (380)

This ^^^....they let us reserve character names a few days prior to Mangler server launch. Our names are our identities. But Mangler was also like 15 Dev's ago too....sooooooo
  6. Midnitewolf Augur

Must be nice to have been able to get in and get names reserved. After nearly 2 hours waiting in que I have prepared myself to find that all the names I wanted to use will be taken.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Reserving names hasn't been as bad since Ragefire and Phinigel.

I think most players can get 2-3 of their preferred names as long as they log in within the first couple of days, all of their names aren't drawn from popular fantasy culture, and they haven't pissed off someone in past TLPs. lol.
  8. uk6999 Augur

They could also make it so for the first few days only one char slot is available per account. To help prevent mass name reservations.
    Juxtaposedirony likes this.
  9. Ryder Lorekeeper

They've always had to increase the time before time out for these launches, weird they didn't this time as well.
  10. Gnothappening Augur

I got screwed on the last two TLPs. I would gladly pay a fee to reserve the one name I want.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Name reservation is likely to blame for most of the queue.

Personally I could not care less about names and I don't really get the hang ups people have about them, but it is long past the time when Daybreak should have done something about it to alleviate the Queue issues on launch day.