Bring back the LAG

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trevalon, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Mercanyin Augur

I have a solution for you. Just remote desktop into your computer from work and log in after your lunch time. By the time you get home you character will be waiting for you.
  2. Trance Lorekeeper

Yeah except when the inevitable crash happens you're S.O.L.
  3. Mercanyin Augur

Then you are just S.O.L.
  4. Gio1999 Augur

The problem was actually zoning. If you found a camp and stayed there when it was prime time with no queue - you were fine. If you had to move during prime time there was a good chance your play time was "trying" to zone in.

It's slightly better, but its like 90% as bad.

This is how sad we are as a community - instead of asking for better hosting / server structure we are fighting over which terrible option we should be inflicted with.
  5. Morbys New Member

No it isn't, because it isn't just that. Its 10-20min zone times, and 1min tells. And thats if you don't crash while zoning. The que's allow server integrity and let those that are in actually play the game. What they need to do is be more aggressive banning people that are boxing more than they should or scripters.
  6. Trevalon Augur

lol....
  7. Xeris Augur

Why is that funny,lol. It's pretty easy and seems like it would work
  8. Hadesborne Augur

OK, some of you do not understand. THE VAST MAJORITY of people could crash when zoning after like 5 ish mins, then ctrl-alt-del then log right back in and keep playing. Then once they were at their zone they were fine. The only big issue I saw that forced crashing instead of just a 5 minute zone time was picking to other picks. Once you were at your desired zone, you could play pretty much fine with about a 15 second delay in chat. But you could still play. You don't seem to understand that a 5 hour queue is totally unacceptable. There is NO GAME that will survive that kind of wait just to play. There are PLENTY of games that will survive lagginess.

Sorry to say this, but you are the EXCEPTION to the rule. My advice is stop playing on a toaster. The vast majority of people could log right back in after a zoning crash AND be in the next zone. If this wasn't your experience, then HOW ABOUT YOU PLAY AT 3AM? This sound familiar?
    Trevalon likes this.
  9. Trevalon Augur

This was the exact experience of everyone I am guilded with. Almost no one had the "crash to desktop" lag problems and once they got to their zone of choice they could play uninhibited for as many hours as they wanted. But now, over half the guild can't even log and play anymore. Most haven't played all week because they work and by the time they get home and wait in a 5 hour queue its bedtime.

This is NOT acceptable.
  10. Sikkun Augur

The game survives because it’s more than one server. Then again it’s been “dead” since 2004 anyway. So how do you kill that which has no life?
  11. Mercanyin Augur

Works for me
  12. Mcgurgle New Member

This company is obviously a joke. Join a preexisiting server, solo alone and try to relive the nostalgia. Playing “for real” on Aradune isn’t an option.
  13. Domniatric Augur

Neither are acceptable. This is a joke.
  14. Hottcakes New Member

When there was no que, I got to play several times that week - Yes there were zone delays, tell lag...
    Since Que I can barely get on, when I do it crashes or "invalidates my account" and I must relogin because I was in que for 4 friggin hours!
    This is INSANITY. Not sure how there company can be functioning right now not realizing they are on a sinking ship and need all hands on deck to correct the course, should be posts daily, updates, fixes
    communication. How can you piss away so much money from all the workers who invest in your game? I've spent ~$200 in just a few days of playing and would have spent A LOT more had I the ability to play.
  15. Develynn Wolfkeeper New Member

I agree with you completely, and despite what any of these "just remote Q" and "stable servers are better" people are saying, its not. I was able to stay in a zone and farm for 3 hours on my own time, at my own pace, not having to go extra steps to guess when i'd make it home and when i'd be logged in to catch it. This is stupid, and makes me sad I even spent money and quit playing two other MMO's to commit to this (Pantheon and WOW:C).

If they are going to continue this, at least give us the option of a FREE CHARACTER TRANFSER to Rizlona so we don't have to deal with this madness anymore. I just happened to chose Aradune because it was Brad's character name, and I really wanted to play on his server since i appreciated everything he did for the MMO Genre. I didn't care about boxing, and definitely didnt realise that it was going to make logging into this game damn near impossible.

The only option at this point is to make some of us people who have a life and work for a living happy and let us go to another server so we don't have to play in this mess.

Whoever the hell thinks that its better to have 3-4 hour Q times vs 5 minute loads and 30 second tells, is literally a troll who lives at home and has no life other then playing video games. Because of there opinions and griefing, the other halfs isn't heard and now we get to suffer because a bunch of cry babies weren't happy with how things were going.

FREE
    CHARACTER
    TRANSFER