Bring back leader boards

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Krushor, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Krushor Journeyman

Lets see leader boards again. Based on Hero missions, Raids or what ever. I loved that with LDON. No reason we cant do that again.
    Behelit likes this.
  2. Tour Augur

Let’s leave the pointless measuring to Magelo. Devs have a enough to work on without adding a counter to tell us who has the most free time to run missions or whatever.
    Aanuvane, Jhenna_BB, Duder and 2 others like this.
  3. Flatchy Court Jester

If anything I want a count of how many times I have died in game. Now theres a stat for the old E .
    Duder likes this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Bud I don't think they're going to have a leader board for "most boxed characters" :D
    Krushor likes this.
  5. Nadisia Augur

Hehe :D
    I'll bet a copper on ... zerker + zerker + ... zerker ;)
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Leader boards cause people to become to worried about their position and not want to take chances that could cause it to go down with failures.
    Vumad likes this.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

I would love to see EQ replace magelo. I think that they should have a phone app that imports the server data. One main per account per server must be selected and that is the only character who displays to the public. The rest of the characters only display privately to the app.

Oh, and to use the app you have to have a subscription. Krono doesn't get you the app. You can still use the system via the browser, but not the phone app.

I agree with Waring. We play CoD with a guy who is completely focused on his kill death ratio. While on a team death match this would seem like it would make sense, his behavior preventing one death for himself might cause 2-3 deaths for the team. He's more than happy to take a kill someone calls out, but doesn't work as a team in the other direction.

LDoN leaderboard styles can have a similar position. Win/loss ratio creates some issues that are not otherwise there.

I'm not against it, but it is a very valid point of how it is not positive for the game.
  8. Behelit Augur

What about fun things like leaderboards for fastest completion on quests/missions/raids? From request to completion/tasktimer/raidlockout received.

I would assume the data for such a thing is already being recorded to some degree on their end, I could be wrong though.

So avoid things like "success vs failed attempt" metrics. There are plenty of other ways to generate a leaderboard that wont negatively impact peoples desire to attempt/complete a quest/mission with sub-optimal groups.

Or you can even do something like Diablo3 did/does of the leaderboards based on grp-size. So using my idea above you could have a fastest completion leaderboard for 6-man grp, 5-man grp, etc. so no one feels left out of the fun and "compete" on a fair playing field if its something they want to care about halfway through an expansion when everything else is done.
    Nniki likes this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

Cool...we can call it the "My Virtual Johnson Is THIS Big!" board.
    Krushor and Duder like this.
  10. Behelit Augur

Yeah... that's sort of what competitive MMO's are about to some extent. There's a reason the raid progression site exists so that guilds can track their wins against everyone else. As long as the leaderboard is set up in a way that doesnt negatively impact players that are in sub-optimal groups than I don't see what the problem would be.

Let's not pretend that the majority of players aren't constantly complaining about "nothing to do" a few months into an expansion let alone by summer time. Something like a leaderboard for fastest completion time on quests/missions/raids gives everyone something to do for fun while they wait for the next beta. And by having the leaderboards be for each group size (1-6) across the board for quests/missions you can effectively target solo players, boxers, and real 6 player grps; with raids obviously being the metric for guilds/raid forces.

Would it be the best addition or most pertinent thing for the game right now? Probably not

Would it add some fun and stir up some extra quest/mission groups and possibly motivate raiders during farm/summer time? Probably yes.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

First krono is a subscription method that makes DBG more than other subscription methods so not sure why you would exclude it.

Second people like to keep their mains hidden and could get around this by simply making a new toon to select instead of their real toon so not sure what this would accomplish.
  12. enclee Augur

Leaderboards, EQ Players, bring it all back.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

LDON leader boards still work, at least I go up in wins/loses/% depending if people are doing a lot of hunter.
  14. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

"We should replace magelo with something significantly worse than magelo."

I remember back when they launched the original "official" version of their character profiles and anyone who logged off in different gear than was displayed on the stored profile on EQRankings got removed from that site, and a whole lot of people on the top 10s by class got banned.

It took 12 minutes for my Paladin to go from logged out to banned from eqrankings, because "the BP and augment on the official site are different than displayed in your premium magelo".

Yeah, that's what happens when you have DoN/Anguish augs and you accidentally logged out in your robe and anniversary clickies. I'm not actually raiding Vishimtar with a shainai's nightie and statless main and offhands, thanks.

That's also the day I stopped ever paying for magelo to auto-sync. And a couple days before I stopped playing on live.
  15. Duder Augur

Johnson?
  16. Zalamyr Augur

I always thought it was weird that eqplayers got abandoned.
  17. Velisaris_MS Augur

I wanted to keep it a family friendly board. :D
    Duder likes this.
  18. Moege Augur

Sure go for it as long as there is an option to completely opt out of this nonsense
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  19. Krushor Journeyman

I dont have a problem with that name!
  20. Blackhand New Member

As long as some people use bot armies, leader boards are pointless.
    Bobokin likes this.