brilliant vindication in groups

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by fransisco, Jun 3, 2017.

1. fransisco Augur

Hey

So the paladin spell brilliant vindication, what spells do people normally use on the procs in a group setting (so no splashes).

Do people try using wave? Does this give much agro if only the tank is being hit?

Overall, how does this spell get used in a group setting?
  2. Seldom Augur

Doesn't matter if group is taking damage or not, group waves still will produce nearly no aggro regardless. Pertaining to utilizing your twin heal in group setting, you'll get most bang for your buck pairing it with Valiant in vast majority of situations
  3. Chaosflux Augur

it gives aggro equal to base damage. It should be cast everytime its up in a group if just grinding. No reason not too.

You aren't casting it for the Twinheal, you are casting it for the damage first and foremost, the aggro is a helpful by product that allows you to drop Ardent force entirely from any aggro rotation. Which further increases your DPS by not stunning the mob you are targetting.

The proc is inconsequential but if Valiant actually worked right/how the spell data is that would be what you use to burn the charge 100% of the time.

If you are using the most efficient DPS/Aggro rotation valiant lands in the weave right before and right after BV naturally, so if it ever gets fixed you'll probably be getting extra aggro.

I havent memmed a Wave in a group in a very long time, you have 3 Instant Cast group heals (1 AA 1 Disc, the last is Dicho) and intelligent use of GAOTI (about the only ability you may want to "hold back") right before you click any of those usually is a near complete heal on your group.

With how powerful Burst/Grief/Sorrow are without a twinheal its advisable to not use the twinheal on that, instead to maximize throughput of healing use it on one of the lower Base HP heals (Admonish/VD)
  4. fransisco Augur

On a side not
    Speaking of Dicho, how do you use it?
    It seems kinda... hard or pointless to use. Its a ton of mana for a heal, and stuns don't seem to land very well on stuff.
  5. Chaosflux Augur

I use it for the instant heal in combo with a heal modifier, Sometimes (more rarely) i use it when i lose aggro i taunt then dicho to Stun the mob and heal the person who stole aggro.

Or as a reactive heal for myself or someone else (it heals the group if you target yourself too)

Its one of the only heals i keep memmed that can heal people other than me, since i usually dont have a Burst up under normal operating conditions.