Brewall Maps

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Vitas108, Oct 27, 2022.

1. Vitas108 New Member

I’ve searched threads but not finding a answer… I’ve unzipped map files into a new folder within the map directory called “Brewalls”.
    The tab appears in game but still a blank screen in Blightfire Moors.
    (Very rusty, haven’t played since original PoP launch)
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

Vitas108 likes this.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

Are you doing it while in the game? Easiest way (but theres a caveat to how you can do it otherwise) is to log out completely from the game before putting the Brewall folder in the maps folder so they are picked up.

Also just to check, it looks like maps > Brewall > text files, correct? The text files can only be 1 folder deep for EQ to read them.

Two things to check in addition to above comment, beta maps are usually their own zip until expansion release then its put into the main zip.
    Vitas108 likes this.
  4. Vitas108 New Member

Thanks for replying yall. Perhaps I have the wrong expansion pack downloaded, I’m on FV but haven’t played in so long all the expansion names kinda make my eyes cross. I’m not exactly sure what expansion FV server is, but I’m definitely enjoying it lol.
  5. Vitas108 New Member

Edit*^ You were right, it was because I tried first with game open. I removed and extracted again with game closed and it’s working now. Thanks! (If anyone else has this problem, extraction won’t work with game running.)
  6. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

I have a brewell and good's map good stuff although i use good's easier on the eyes with the colors.