Brand New, and lost!!!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Imagamergirl, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Imagamergirl New Member

So I've never played before, but played a few other MMORP's and with the 20th showing up I thought I'd check it out, but I have to say I am pretty lost as to how to start. I can't find anything on the games site for what the different servers mean, or what I'm picking, then when I did pick on, it just drops me in some grove with no instructions what so ever. Is there some place I can find a tutorial or walk through that will help me figure this all out?
  2. Fluid Augur

You have to "create" a character on that menu. Pretty wide classic RPG types of characters like Bard or Ranger.

You also have to pick race i.e. Wood Elf. There are no real advantages of one character race over another. Some of the races have better home zones for leveling but most people skip them for the modern game where everyone starts off in the Tutorial then slugs it out in Cresent Reach.

Once in game, follow the instructions and prompts in the Tutorial.
  3. Imagamergirl New Member

I got my character created, went with a half elf ranger so that part was pretty easy, as you said it's pick a race, pick a class. But I never got a tutorial that I could see. I was just dropped in Cresent Reach. Is there a way to turn the tutorial on if I somehow closed it?
  4. Imagamergirl New Member

Ok, I started over with a new character and this time I got the tutorial. Amazing when you figure out how to talk to someone. :)
  5. bigpapa Augur

Welcome to everquest , what server are you playing at ?

and this is some links you could check:
    can google --->>> EQ almarsguides /everquest fanra / allakhazam { spells and zones ect },~~raidloot.com / eqresource /eqinterface / eqtraders / everquest info , magelo , and much more.

~~~ you could type /claim and pick gift of legacy lost { there are some good things there you can have } like 10 clickies of double xp , who last 30 min each ( I would save them until you getting more confortable with the game, ).

~~~CTRL+F open you a find window ( in most zones you can see where are the connected zones , some npc's , ect .

~~~ the little eq button when you are playing , from there you can see most of the command there.

try to get maps downloaded too, it is much easier to travel .
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

7. Fluid Augur

On the character creation menu, there should be a button on the lower left hand side that gives you the option to Enter Tutorial. To get back into the tutorial I find the fastest way is to just logout and back in to get that menu option. There are other ways like a NPC in another zone I have never tried myself.

It doesn't make sense to leave the tutorial before ~level 5. Practically nothing you get of value outside of the tutorial can be used by a character under that level. Tutorial is a good place to cash up. Use open on the barrels found there and loot the Forlorn Bows to sell to NPCs. Tutorial actually gets you some good equipment that can be used all the way to level 50 should you decide to stick around. The tutorial is level limited in that you get ~kicked out and can't return above level 14 IIRC. Tutorial is kind of important introduction to certain aspects of the game like grouping and Mercenaries. Really teaches you the importance of team work/merc work in the game.

There are a few things that are race based. Things like the ability to forage food or fall w/o dying. Some of them are cute but not a compelling reason to chose one race over another unless you just gotta have a skill like Sneak.

As has been offered, say what server you are on if you want some help or find the game play to difficult. Word of warning, hooking up from forum to the game takes a huge amount of time and effort even with the best intentions! By the time you agree on time and place, you will have advanced enough to not need it. :)
  8. Scorrpio Augur

As you might see, game is 20 years old. And at its beginnings, it was very much a 'figure it out' thing. Yes, at some point, there came tutorials, step by step quest logs and other things, but older parts of game are pretty much the same.

For example, newer content, you talk to NPC, they got key words in their text highlighted, and you can just click them for proper response.
    Old content, you had to figure out how to respond and type it in.

Good news, however, is older content quests are mostly irrelevant, as new 'defiant' gear beats out old stuff by quite a margin until you hit 70s.
  9. Fluid Augur

I'm not so sure the game evolved in the best way. Tutorial is fine, problem is everything including all quests from about level 1 to 60 are just for the fun of it. IDK how they could have done it, probably would have to edit the entire data base. Stuff like make Rusty Weapons almost as good as what you find in the tutorial would have been nice. I was joking in another thread about the Trueshot/Raincaller bows. Absolutely no reason to bother with quests like that unless you are on a TLP server. A lot of things like the time involved to get one are already reduced by the PoK. Even if you added something nice for it, like Head Shot w/o needing the AA, it would still be nice to have until you got the AA and a decent bow. Ditto for some other items like the 'Tiny Skeletons' in NK. Results in boots with a single click of SoW. Would be nice if they made them with a few more charges and some decent stats.
  10. Scorrpio Augur

It would definitely be nice if those old quests on live were updated to have awards slightly better than defiant of that level range, but people would probably favor defiant anyway as easier option, since low levels can just go by in a flash.