Brace for impact changed

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Repthor, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Repthor Augur

Brace for Impact effect got changed from

Brace for Impact Effect: Eatch Proc Fades After Absorbing 16% of a maximum of 1500000 or the short buff timer runs out.
    TO
    Brace Guard X: Eatch Proc Fades After Absorbing 16% of a maximum of 1500000 or max of 3 hits or the buff timer runs out

this is a massive nerf/adjustment and noone bothered to tell us.
  2. Triconix Augur

Was just about to make a post on this. Why the phantom/stealth nerf? Only 3 hits per proc now plus it's not fully sustainable as it only lasts 9 minutes rather than 18 with extended buff aa's....seriously? It's physically not possible to ever wear out from max damage absorb now. No three hits is going to equal 150k. Even if a mob hits for 100k, in 3 hits, we'll only be mitigating 45k damage.

This nerf was pointless and severely devalued our best mitigation tool not called LS or Defensive Proficiency. Not to mention we were given no warning on it being nerfed. That's low DBG, even for you.
  3. Zalamyr Augur

Seems like it's par for the course these days. I'm sure they'll say it was lasting longer than "intended", since "intention" is apparently their only metric for making changes lately. We can only hope that moving forward they can start implementing abilities the way they intend to at launch and not have to change them years later.
  4. Zaknaffein Augur

5. Brohg Augur

3 hits is one combat round instead of 2 ticks which was 6 or 7 combat rounds. Good god.
    Coronay likes this.
  6. FixShamanPlease Elder

I hope it's a bug and will be fixed before next month patch.
  7. Repthor Augur

they also cut the host buff Brace for impact by 5 minutes so instead of lasting 15 it now lasts 10 so effectly cutting the duration of the buff by 30% aswell

so makeing this ability that use to be really good, now is not gonna have any real consistance at all and cutting the effectiveness of it by close to ~70%
  8. Dre. Altoholic

Not even in the patch notes. Class move, devs.
  9. Forsaken_Ruler Journeyman

Wow... mitigation is all we have going for us. This better be a bug.
  10. Dre. Altoholic

11. Zalamyr Augur

From the Warlord's Grasp thread, they'll be changing the hit counter to 12, and the duration of the primary buff should go back to being extended.

That's more acceptable, but I still don't get why the change to being with. I also really don't like how it has counters on the primary buff and counters on the proc buff. It seems like if we're going to have counters on the proc, the primary buff shouldn't be so limited on counters as well.
  12. Beneden Lorekeeper

Does Brace for Impact even proc anymore? I have an AT tied to the proc message and it never went off one time during last nights raids. I know Dzarn is planning to patch the 3 hit limit up to 20, but not getting it to proc once was concerning.
  13. Repthor Augur

it has a new name, prolly a new cast msg but it does indeed proc but only currently have 3 hit counters so as soon as it procs its gone again.and i belive he said that his it upping it to 12 counters . but i agree 20 seems more inline with what it should be

41210Brace For Impact 09
    Max Hits: 70 Defensive Proc Casts
    1: Add Defensive Proc: Impact Guard 09 with 300% Rate Mod

41211Impact Guard 09
    Duration: 12s (2 ticks)
    Max Hits: 3 Incoming Hit Successes
    5: Absorb Melee Damage: 16%, Total: 150000

AT this
    You up your guard.
  14. Salvado New Member

They want us to bring back tank rotations instead of one-tanking every mob.