Boxing Is The Plague Of EQ

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Efr3, Mar 25, 2024.

1. Moardots Elder

Profitable doesn't necessarily = whats best for the game/players

Contrary to popular belief in this thread for some reason
  2. Moardots Elder

Charging $30/mo to play would be more profitable for DBG. Y'all gonna advocate for that next?
  3. ExecutionDbl9 Shadow Knight / Necromancer / Druid

Technically speaking, $30 / month wouldn't be more profitable because it would drive more people away.
  4. KushallaFV Playing EverQuest

Eh, not entirely true just because people leave doesn't mean revenue goes down. There are games that have raised prices and lost customers, but saw increased revenue.
  5. Blastoff Augur

I just plain wouldn't play late game EQ if I didn't box. Even if you eliminated boxing and the dream that that would bring more players to EQ and groups were easier to get came true, it would still be a huge pain to actually find a group that wanted to go after the achievements you need.
    Lineater, Appren and ForumBoss like this.
  6. Moardots Elder

Technically speaking, doubling the sub fee would be profitable unless > 50% of the playerbase all quit because of it. I don't believe that would happen. 15-20% of players could ragequit and it would still be a profitable decision.

I'm not actually advocating this. I think it's a terrible idea. Just a rebuttal to the boxing lovers using the financial gain to the company as justification.
  7. MileyVyrus Augur

If we are playing money math right now, one boxer who isn't even in this thread is paying DPG more money a month then every squeaky wheel the last 3 days.

Thats fun!
  8. Metanis Bad Company

For at least a decade the profit motive hasn't been the most compelling goal for many public companies.
  9. code-zero Augur

Back in the mid aughts there were EQ Devs who genuinely hated EQ and wanted to sunset it so that they could focus on the projects that were being funded by the profit they were making on EQ. There was definitely no profit motive driving those people back then. I seem to recall that at one point there were 7 different games that could be played with an All Access Account when that subscription model was introduced and most at long gone now
    Metanis and OldTimeEQ1 like this.
  10. Liberated New Member

Christ bro.. learn to use paragraphs.

Secondly, your view is atrocious.