Box Army in rotation?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pinto_Bean, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinto_Bean Augur

I have an interesting question that has actually come up.

What happens when a single player with 18 boxes comes up and wants to be in the Nag/Vox rotation?

Before anyone argues it, YES, Nag/Vox can both be taken down by an 18 box pet wall.

What about 2 players playing 36 chars? Where is the limit here what is the exact criteria on LJ and RF to be allowed in this rotation. If massive box teams are not allowed into the rotation, why not? I mean they are paying for the same amount of accounts as everyone else. Since they are not allowed in the rotation, does that make every boss free to engage for them?

Just a note, I am not a massive box crew but I wanted to get the discussion rolling at least because, with 100+ Krono on the line the people debating being allowed to leave these gods/dragons up for 3-24 hours before they go free for all, I think the rules regarding this situation should be established.
  2. Finwen Augur

Anyone who boxes 18 chars is probably only paying for ramen in bulk. I would be extremely surprised if they give a dime directly to Daybreak regularly, if ever.
    Agrippa likes this.
  3. Feradach Augur

It doesn't matter if the cash comes out of their pocket or not. Somebody somewhere paid for the Krono that's being consumed. That's all that matters. 18 accounts of revenue are 18 accounts of revenue. The rest are just insignificant details.
    Drexll and Steampunk like this.
  4. yodo Augur

Anyone who can kill the mobs and wants in the rotation has to be allowed in or it won't work.
  5. Hateseeker Augur

If box crews that are not affiliated with any guild claim spots, then major guilds will want to split out their own boxes/alts to claim spots.

Though, Daybreak could have taken true action to prevent this stuff, like allowing raid mobs to ignore pets and attack the owner of the pet that has aggro if no non-pet tank is present.
  6. Zublak Augur

Cause Mages need a CoF, Scales etc.. Sounds legit.

Obviously they play the game, but it's not anyone's fault but their own for not being apart of a guild with players. So at the end of the day, in my personal opinion, I don't think they should be allowed. It monopolizes said content because as I stated above, they can't use much off of him.
  7. Finwen Augur

It probably means a lot more to DBG if the Kronos were paid for last week instead of March of 2013. Someone consuming a Krono gives them $0.
    Agrippa likes this.
  8. Pinto_Bean Augur

Hey on Lockjaw 2 guys took down Naggy. Was one of the first spawns and they got CoF. I think they sold it for 40 krono. Who knows what they got for the items but I am guessing their red scale sold quite a bit! That same crew took down CT and Inny (maybe vox too). I wonder if they got some AoNs or white dragon scale cloaks. Man those would sell for a lot.

I didn't say these box crews were unguilded. They can just make a cool sounding name like Steel Dragon!
  9. Elovera Journeyman

Is it too much to ask to join a guild and actually have to deal with other people on a regular basis? Actually, make friends, and help them camp gear. Buff and PL lowbies for fun. Introduce them to zones they are not familiar with and show them some kewl playing techniques? Stand behind a group that means something to you and promote their overall well being for better or worse?

I know I speak of times long past but everyone should dream a little.
    Rhiyannon and Drexll like this.
  10. Pinto_Bean Augur

I think this is too much to ask for some of these people. They are in guilds with each other sometimes helping them power up more box crews!
    They are camping items by the way. It doesn't look that way because they are naked but it shows in their deep krono pocket books.
  11. Lateryn Augur

The krono being consumed by RMT boxers(what almost every 18+ boxer is) will still be bought by the rest of the playerbase, thus the money is still going to DBG, regardless if the 18+ boxer is playing or not. Because the RMT crews are buying krono from casuals who are just selling them for PP or trading for gear. The removal or threat of removal of these RMT crews doesn't effect that.
    Agrippa likes this.
  12. Drexll Augur

qft. I have a 2nd (not 6, a second) acct I pay for with krono. It's just a druid taxi, so I'm not here defending my mage army... but I have to roll my eyes every time I see someone saying "omg the krono ppl arent even giving DBG any monehz!!!!""
  13. Weverley Augur

It always comes from ppl that feel like they need bis items remove them and rmt run dry
  14. Drexll Augur

How does that work? If you remove a BiS item.. now what was 2nd BiS becomes BiS.. and so on and so forth.
  15. Maltheus Elder

Yeah no. People just go back to selling items/plat for money and DBG makes less cash.
  16. Feradach Augur

Actually, consuming a Krono is what makes the DBG accountants happy. A Krono that has been sold but not yet consumed would be a liability on the books. Consuming them is what moves it to the true revenue column.
  17. Lateryn Augur

The revenue is earned as soon as they are bought. Being consumed or not doesn't matter. They(DBG) get their money as soon as the krono is bought for $18, whether it sits on a account forever doesn't matter in regards to when they get their revenue. The money is taken at PoS, not when that product is consumed by whomever.
  18. Realitycheck Elder

From a cashflow perspective you're right Lateryn. From an accounting perspective Feradach is.

The point is, when a Krono is consumed it's no longer out there which means another one will have to be purchased in a month's time. They could not care less if a Krono used was purchased in 2013 or 5 minutes ago.
  19. Lateryn Augur

If RMT box crews were operating month to month, krono wise, maybe. But they're not. RMT box crews buy krono constantly, because they are flipping them on 3rd party sites for $. They also have big stockpiles(the big box crews probably have 300+).

The box crews themselves are not purchasing the krono from DBG, thus meaning as they consume they don't need to buy more, they are buying them from casuals/regular-joes, who buy them on a continuous basis no matter if they are getting consumed by who they sell them too or not, because they want PP on demand, so will buy krono from DBG anytime they want pp or gear.

Thus the threat of RMT box crews quitting does nothing, as the people they buy krono from in-game, to turn into $, are still buying them and selling them off.
  20. Barathrum Augur

What if a guild has 10 players but has 60+ chars in raid?????????? How do you get on this magic list????????????????? Why should it matter i have 10 people 60+ chars???????
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.