Box advice

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Sauce, May 13, 2015.

1. Sauce New Member

Hey guys, coming back after a while and looking for some boxing advice. I'm looking to 3-box and have a few 85 heroic characters I made on random accounts when they were free that week they came out:

SK
    Druid
    Enchanter
    Shaman
    Warrior
    Mage
    Necro
    Plus one actual heroic character that I can make into whatever

I would prefer to play the tank, but I'm not opposed to a mage pet tank if they're really that much better and efficient.
  2. Rhaage Augur

given those as choices, i'd think the sk, (shaman or druid) and mage would be my choice. Add a healer merc (J5) and 2 dsp mercs and you should be pretty solid for most group content.

You may want to swap in the ench (or perhaps bard) on occasion for CC situations
  3. Ultrazen Augur

What classes are on what accounts? If you can run mage/druid/chanter, that's pretty much GG. Shaman/SK/Necro is quite good as well.
  4. Brohg Augur

war/dru/enc, 3 wizmerc
  5. Sauce New Member

Thanks for the input so far! All of the characters are on different accounts, the SK and the heroic character slot are on the same account (that was my real account from back in the day, not a new f2p one).

Mage/druid/chanter seems like the powerhouse combo but maybe a little boring. I could be wrong though, never played an all caster group. Shaman/SK/necro sounds fun, but the necro isn't redundant at all with the SK?
  6. Ultrazen Augur

You could do chanter instead of necro, or wiz. I've run SK/shaman/wiz for a long time as a 3 box, and it's pretty great.

Sk/Shaman/any dps will be fine. I like ports.

Mage/Chanter/Druid is one of the best 3 boxes in the game hands down. The synergy and lack of overlap in those classes is outstanding. This is going to be doubly true on ragefire, where mage pets are pretty much raid bosses, especially against a slowed mob.

I played mage/druid on the beta server as one of my box teams, it's ridiculous. You level easily twice as fast as anything else. At lower levels, the mage pet can solo yellow cons, and do it in about 7 seconds...they are wildly overpowered for classic content.

Having an all caster group makes boxing very easy. The more you have to fiddle with positioning etc, the tougher boxing gets, and ultimately the more tedious it gets. When you're killing mob #234342425234, the novelty of always having a lot to do every fight wears off.

Both the mage and the druid can be entirely macrod for most fights, and they never have to move when in a camp. This means you can drive the team with the chanter, which makes pulling and CC a snap. Great team.
  7. sifonin Augur

Coming from a pure caster class here, I would box two casters and the bard. No need for any tankage if u have 2 pets in group that are able to handle everything (mage and necro). In addition you would get HUGE damage output from a mage/necro paired with the bards ability to amplify both classes damage. That's if your willing to play robe wearing classes! LOL
  8. Rykard Augur

Sauce,

From your listed classes to form a three box, I would choose the warrior/enchanter/druid.

It is pretty simple. You want a tank class between warrior and shadownight. As a tank solely, warrior will win. To make up for the lose of utility, you pick the enchanter who can pull and pull well above level 80, provides great caster adps, and slows. Finally, druid gives you track, ports, and player controlled healing. The only real thing you would be missing would be DPS which can be had via wizard mercs. Group is pretty complete.

Rykard
  9. sifonin Augur

^
    this, if you don't want to wear a bath robe to your "eq" job every day... Imagine how much nicer it is wearing an "Advisor's Robe" as opposed to a full suit of armor!~!