Botters ruining TLP, what do Daybreak?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kronotowin, Apr 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kronotowin Elder

I had business to take care of for a week. Come back to groups of 4 botted level 50s camping everything in Lguk and SolB. So this is the power of Kronos?
    Brontus likes this.
  2. ShivanAngel Augur

If its truly a botter reporting should help.

However most of them are box teams run 24/7 by oversees RMTers. There is one on selos in sirens that is there 24/7 as well, and its not botted, just a box team im assuming being played by multiple people...

Also even without krono they would still exist, rmt has been a thing sonce 1999.
  3. Kronotowin Elder

I played on live servers in 1999. These types did not exist. It may be a box team but really camping sol B royals with 4 50's? There was no incentive to ruin people's experiences camping low level stuff with max level characters. Selling characters existed after a while but the greed was no where near where it is now.
    Vinlail and Faydark like this.
  4. Zinkeh Augur

Bots or not, it's terribly out of hand on Mangler. There were 9 picks of Lguk a day or two ago. 8.........8 of the 9 picks had a 6 box crew sitting at it. Efreeti camp in solb. Every pick available had a 6 box crew there. Seafury island had a 6 box crew with one enchanter running around and pulling. They were dropping a seafury every 5-10 seconds. The entire island was barren because of them.

This is just unacceptable and it is growing worse. Almost any sought after item right now must be purchased from a Boxer/Botter army player.
    Brontus likes this.
  5. Kronotowin Elder

Thank you. This is what I'm talking about. The initial rush to level might be fine. After a week it's getting absurd.
    Vinlail likes this.
  6. Dabrixmgp Augur

I feel like people are blowing this way out of proportion. I have gotten Efreeti groups twice, once on my warrior from 44-48 and a second on my enchanter from 43-48. During this time no one picked in with 54 mages and tried to KS us. I have camped Seafuries on my Enchanter in the afternoon and the damn respawn was so fast and so many were up I had to root 5 and camp. At this point in the game loot literally doesnt matter. We started doing Hate and Fear with people in banded and bronze. You will get plenty of drops just doing that. Who cares about Guk drops? Everyone gets a melee haste belt in sky that usually starts to rot after the 2nd raid. No one needs Yaks at all just get the weapons from the Hole. These bot armies arent doing PoSky so you wont have any issues getting those quests done for some really badass loot. Also bot armies will never be able to do CT and the minis in there nor can they do Inny or Naggy/Vox. Hell If people didnt buy their items or kronos in the first place they would be out of business.
  7. Kronotowin Elder

People are camping Royals in Sol B with 4 levels 50s. Think about that. If you level after the first few weeks the experience is ruined thanks to Kronos.
  8. Ceffener Augur

That's because they are. I have camped most these spots in the last week alone. Not only do level 50's not need a 6 box crew to hold down most of them (my cleric can solo /Sup alone, im sorry). But if you have a group together than wants to XP, you pick around and you'll find a camp...people spend more time writing their anti boxer/anti krono post's than they do actually playing the game.
    code-zero and Elyani like this.
  9. Ceffener Augur

Because high levels never farmed items for plat...never.
    Elyani likes this.
  10. Nykara2 Elder

Not 24/7 because they have to sleep sometime. Camping isn't the issue, 24/7 camping is.
    Faydark likes this.
  11. Gorgol the Ogre Elder

Absolutely not true. The RMT business started almost right away. >

The Decline and Fall of an Ultra Rich Online Gaming Empire
    https://www.wired.com/2008/11/ff-ige/

"In the real world Pierce was just a 19-year-old washed-up child actor living far from home and going slowly broke. But in Norrath he was none of that. In Norrath he was the dark-elf wizard Athrex, and he was a champion. He played on EverQuest‘s Vallon Zek server, by far the most competitive of the three dozen subcommunities into which the EverQuest player population was segregated, and even there he stood out. “There would be server-wide tournaments and I would win them,” he says, proud even now of his skill in both combat and the endless grind of monster killing and gradual, relentless “leveling up” that defines MMOs.

Pierce was a pioneer of the art of “six-boxing”: Hopping between half a dozen computers, he would run his dark elf and five little 3-D helpers through dungeons designed to kick the of all but the best-trained and best-equipped player groups. He got so good he could reliably kill the mushroom-headed Myconid Spore King, thus securing a regular supply of enchanted Fungi Tunics, which dropped from its corpse. In MMO-speak, Pierce was now single-handedly “farming” Fungi Tunics—acquiring them as a matter of routine. This coveted piece of armor sold for up to 50,000 Norrathian platinum pieces, an amount of virtual money that took most players a full 150 hours to earn. That much virtual loot could cost $500 on eBay."
    Pizzanomicon likes this.
  12. Christopher84 Journeyman

Was that during the first week while levelling or recently? I've been poking my head in and out of SolB during the week, including times which I think would be considered off-peak and every time I've been in there, there are always 4-5 picks each with 12-14 players in, with a 6 man box crew at every Efreeti camp and often a 6 man box crew at royals.

For me personally it's not a huge issue, since my guild has said that if anyone wants GeBs that badly we'll just send a bunch of people into SolB so we can spawn our own pick but for people who don't have that option there are a lot of camps in the game that they'll never get a chance at. It's not JUST about the loot, you've got to remember that right now on Mangler content is limited and if the majority of major dungeon camps are locked down 24/7 by boxes, that impacts people's ability to level too.
    Ulain likes this.
  13. kjempff Elder

Sell you krono so you can buy their stuff obviously :D
  14. code-zero Augur

I have to ask, if you say that they are there 24/7 are you also up 24/7 in zone watching them?

Several times over the years I've camped something for extended periods and been convinced that a mob just wasn't spawning so one time I /bug to report it. I got a reply that they checked the logs and it'd spawned multiple times just not when I was there.

So my point is that if you aren't creepy stalking those people possibly in shifts with other creepy stalkers then you can't know that they always log off at a particular time and come back later
    Skuz likes this.
  15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Takes all of 5 minutes searching for a bot video of someone on mangler.

I went to see this bot crew in action not too shabby.
    Maybe someone can setup a tour of the bot crews on mangler as a side show for something to do since DBG seems to be ok with these type of setups
  16. Gorgol the Ogre Elder

Thanks for sharing this oldkracow, deeply upsetting. I hope Daybreak takes action the accounts tied to these characters.
  17. Biohazerd Lorekeeper

18. code-zero Augur

It looks like someone is running those characters, especially that puller who ran into walls several times and stopped and dithered pretty often as well
    Prepared likes this.
  19. kjempff Elder

Maybe the puller is present and the rest are (pretty obviously) macaroni controlled. But it could also be completely automated if they macro'ed the pullers path, then macaroni would auto assist for the rest.
    Anyways, I assume the bot on the hill in rathe is still running ? .. it ran the whole first week until I retired from Mangler.
  20. Hinastorm86 Augur

The team farming SG on selo uses a bazaar trader with a obvious chinese name...and often has 900+ inks for sale, to give an idea of the amt of stuff they kill.

I have no idea if what they are doing is "legit". Its unfortunate that a place that will probably never have picks is camped 24/7....but there are a ton of other options on selos, so i'll live. The cheap seahorse belts are nice, i'll admit (they aren't cheap yet, but they'll get there).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.