Bothersome 2 Step Verification

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Krual Hand Luke, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Krual Hand Luke New Member

Anyone else having issues with not being able to log in due to the 2 step verification? Got the message yesterday,
    Due to unusual activity on your account, we require additional account security and verification, in order to play. ......
    Logged into my account and under enhanced security I tried to put in the required information, but all I get is unable to preform this task at this time, please try again later. This started about 3 days ago.
    2 tickets, minimum canned email support when trying to explain the issue about the enhanced security. Reading the forums this has been a ongoing issue starting back from what i see in 2015 and rearing it's head ever since.
    Patiently waiting for a response, but with nothing but the canned email for information it is tough.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

This has in fact happened to another player recently.

Some of the more knowledgeable players (not me) explained that if you create too many accounts too quickly that the company will demand extra security measures, meaning they will require you to set up 2 step authentication.
    It is a measure intended to protect genuine EQ players from bots, hackers and identity thieves.

Space out the creation of accounts a day or so apart or more if needed.

If you got this happen to you just from trying to access a single pre-existing account you will need to wait on a response from a GM if you need help with the process.
    Someone else may have been creating accounts using some or all of your details, for example.