BONUS XP BROKEDED!! Half a level per kill

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Gnothappening Augur

Can you design us some gnome beastlords or maybe gnome bards? Actually, can we just have gnomes able to be every class... except the woodsy ones like ranger and druid. Also, please make Vah Shir shammies have to have a god as getting divine powers but not having a diety is odd.
  2. Herf Augur

Sadly I was raiding when this happened. But I did get a couple AAs out of it on shared raid XP.
  3. Arkeal_Rathe_Bots Lorekeeper

Might I also ask a question, not to be a jerk or complainer. Why would you do something to make more people play when you haven't fixed the issue causing all the lag and load/crashes?
  4. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

[IMG]
    Herf likes this.
  5. Malachi Augur

Gave me a 400% experience boost earlier because you knew I wouldn't be able to log in later...Well played DPG....well played.
  6. Papasears1982 New Member

something else for people to complain about smh...
  7. Malachi Augur

I'm complaining about you complaining about people complaining! *shakes fists*
    Arog likes this.
  8. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Eh the only thing I don't understand was the choice of compensation.....server instability is happening for many reasons, one being the population....so let's give a reward that makes more people want to play. Mind blowing.

I'm all about trying to right the wrong, but doing so in such a way seems a bit silly.
    Dyzalot likes this.
  9. Malachi Augur

There's really no other appropriate compensation besides perhaps giving people free game time like they did waaaaay back when their was credit info security breach. I don't think we are at that level yet.
  10. Dyzalot Augur

They could have increased named spawn rate, could have increased drop rates for rares. They could have done some GM events. They could have offered a week or two extension on everyone's sub. Offering bonus XP which increases the load on a server already overloaded was the worst option.
  11. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Sounds like next year's Anniversary Raid, to me. Some of the loot can be a "Lag SPIKE", abilities/procs such as "Linked Death". The boss can cast "latency delay" (spell/melee slow). Modem Screech, Etc. etc.

Extra points for achievements such as "56k modem", "You've got mail", "Landline", etc.

Different phases: Dial-up, T1, DSL, Cable, Fiber, etc.
  12. Malachi Augur

Isn't increasing or offering anything ingame the same as increasing xp in terms of server load? Arguably exponentially so.

As I said, I'm not sure they are at the point where they want to offer actual money (sub time) just yet. I think they should, but from a business standpoint this is unlikely to happen at this moment. Perhaps if issues persists further into the month and next month.
  13. Dyzalot Augur

Yes true. I guess I was thinking more about doing it once they fix the problem but same could be said for bonus XP. So saying that, just extending everyone's sub would be the best answer so as not to increase server load while giving something to the community that has been affected by this fiasco.
  14. Malachi Augur

I was just imagining the bottleneck if the word got out that every kronos generating name on Aradune had double spawn and drop rate :)
  15. Arog Augur

Some people said xp pots would have made more sense than bonus xp on an already overpopulated server. Others said extend time on subs. I'd rather see xp pots over xp bonus. If it's time to subscription then I'd rather see them give everyone a free krono instead. Your choice to use it for time to play or trade it for gear that will allow you to get xp faster. While we're at it let's toss in triple station cash for this month since the problems have been going on 3 months now.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

Xp pot /claim would have been a better idea to not drive everyone to play now ot maximize the compensation. I like the idea of a free krono also.
  17. Dyzalot Augur

You need to read the rest of the replies before quoting but I don't think added sub time would increase current server load.
  18. KimchiGoddess Augur

That credit card breach makes me irrationally angry, I lost access to 21 year old accounts because of their BS. I wasn't playing at that time and when I did come back I found I was locked out of my accounts and I couldn't get them back because I don't remember credit card information I used 15 freaking years ago so they won't help, even if I can name every darn character on the account. Grrrr.
    Malachi likes this.
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

heh yeah, caught that and edited it asap, guess not quick enough =P
    Dyzalot likes this.
  20. JostlingJay New Member

Well it completely borked me on Aradune, I was playing with a few friends, went to put my son to bed and take 30 min break then came back to find they had gone from 27 to 46 and were now out of leveling range good going.