Bonus exp

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by its_a_secret, Nov 18, 2018.

1. its_a_secret Journeyman

IDEA!!!! When you run a bonus exp holiday, modify the load balancing by the same percentage to spawn more picks so that there is less friction between people power leveling.
  2. Machentoo Augur

Picks are restricted to prevent the server from crashing from overload. I don't think anyone would be happy if they replaced friction between powerlevelers with server downtime for everyone.
  3. Trevalon Augur

a few more picks during bonus exp wouldn't kill the server with the new rules on how picks shutdown. The only reason it killed Phinny was cause it had 5 expansion worth of picks open that could be held by a single person and it really didnt kill it till there was 500 picks of PoJustice in the first hour of PoP.
  4. Machentoo Augur

Maybe you don't remember how it also took 30 minutes to zone during the first hour of PoP, and how the server crashed later that night.
  5. RandomStrategy Augur

I do not remember the server crash, personally, but I remember spending the first day and a half or so hours in Plane of Storms camping keys for BoT. The rest of it was mostly a blur of raids and racing to 65.

Good times.
  6. Ryak Augur

Oh god, I had forgotten about Storms. Why are they so terrible at making appropriate TLP decisions?

Not sure if you were sarcastic, but i feel like you definitely were, based on my experience getting those.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

And when you did get into PoK, the lag was so bad you couldn't even open doors.
  8. Aegir Augur

Waiting for PoK to open. I remember server response time to interact with Vendors and portals in Bazaar was like a minute lol.

[IMG]
  9. utahjzz98 New Member

When does the bonus XP usually start this time of year?
  10. RandomStrategy Augur

I was shrunk at the front of that line. Still wasn't as bad as Velious release when you'd run all the way through Iceclad and try to zone into Eastern Wastes only to be booted back to the docks because the zone crashed.....
  11. a_librarian Augur

We should get 2 weeks of a 50% xp bonus starting on November 29th
  12. Trevalon Augur

I do, hence the "It really didn't even crash till there were 500 picks of PoJustice" - Don't forget I've been around these parts just as long as you have Machen :)

It crashed because not only were there a ton of justice instances but also a ton from past expansions. The new rules on pick up would help elminate a lot of those extra picks that Phinny had that Coirnav wouldnt.

I dont care either way, dont play on Coirnav, just saying that the circumstances that led to Phinny's crash would not be quite as relevant or prevalent on Coirnav (Not to mention its lower overall population from what I hear)
  13. Machentoo Augur

No, they would not, precisely because DBG changed the pickzone rules so that there are less pickzones. It was in direct response to that opening night on PoP, and the next few weeks after, that the change was made.

You still needed to have someone in the zone to hold pickzones open, so I am not sure I agree that there were a ton open from previous expansions on pop launch. Surely a few, not a lot. It was mostly the new PoP picks that caused problems, I think. But that's something only DBG can know for sure.

At any rate, asking for DBG to relax the pickzone rules and increase the number of picks is playing with fire (and fortunately they know this, and aren't likely to do so.) I think we can all agree that we'd like lower pick thresholds, more picks, more access to content. But there is a reason they have restricted it to the extent that they have.