Blocked Pet Buffs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Eriadoc, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Eriadoc Elder

Hi all. Maybe I've encountered a bug, or maybe I just don't understand how something is supposed to work. So I figured I'd ask if anyone else had any insight.

I have added every single heal or cure spell from 95-105 that has any cure poison component in it (Fervid Renewal, Word of Reformation, splashes, etc). Without these additions, my merc will heal my charm pet and remove Tash, which can be cured as poison. With these additions, the merc uses different spells and I never suffer from Tash removal ...

... unless I play with a real cleric. I had a cleric friend of mine test this out with me. I have Fervid Renewal blocked on my pet (Rk. II), yet she can cast it just fine on my charm pet and strip Tash. Tested it with her group heal as well. On raids, it makes it damn near impossible to keep Tash on a charmed pet.

What's going on? TIA
  2. eqzekisdead Augur

On zek if you have a caster merc it will start attacking your pet and they will fight to the death.
    Also on zek anyone in pok/lobby is able to fully dispell your pet and there is nothing you can do to stop it.

What a mess!
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I'm thinking that Daybreak should make some new spell lines, one line for each charming class, where the spell line is a magic resist debuff that works on NPCs only, that can't be removed, dispelled, or cured.

Then charmers can use that instead of Tash or Malo for charming pets.
    Eriadoc likes this.
  4. Eriadoc Elder

That would be nice, or they could just make charm have a resist check modifier. or they could make it so that blocked pet buffs actually blocked what you set to be blocked. All answers seem to be pretty simple, really.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This would be the best and easiest way to solve the problem. However, they may want you to have to take the extra time and effort to debuff the NPC before charming. As annoying as that is. Part of their so-called risk vs. reward.

Having to block buffs is a poor mechanic to solve the problem. It takes up blocked buff space, which is limited. It means having to find every single cure spell and block each one (there must be dozens).

The best would be a resist check, but after that, if they demand that we have to cast another spell before charming, then a new magic resist lowering spell line is my suggestion. And please include druids as well as every charming class. I know druid charm is mostly worthless but throw us a bone here. Druids need some love.
  6. Roartyger Smoot Elder

Actually on the live servers someone outside the group can dispel buffs on both mercs and pets. Now I understand some of the bad nights I have had.