Blocked buffs not working correctly?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sashagray, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Sashagray Journeyman

I hate Shrink, Group Shrink, Tiny Terror etc... so I've these buffs blocked for quite sometime. Recently it seems people have been shrinking me and making me angry :) I also block black wolf form illusion and mana form illusion as an enchanter. I've tried unblocking and re- blocking all these buffs and they show up correctly as it should be working... These buffs are not being blocked correctly however.

Any Ideas or suggestions
  2. Gragas Augur

Your blocked buffs is more than likely full. Unblock something you hate less than shrink, even though am not sure why you would hate shrink?
  3. Tobynn Augur

If you want to ensure no one else can shrink you, then you need to block many different shrink effects. Assuming you missed some. From this list, disregard effects that indicate Target:Self or Target.Pet. Also disregard effects with detrimental effects, as those are not player generated. You will have to use /blockspell with the ID number since there are some duplicate names (although they use different spells). For example, there are three different effects named Group Shrink.

edit:
    /blockspell add me 345 1831 1874 2203 3393 16879 21849 13838 40838
  4. Izcurly Augur

You might find this list easier to eyeball: http://raidloot.com/Spells.aspx?effect=decrease player size&view=Table

Easiest way to block illusion effects is to wear your own illusion.

Remember, refusing to shrink on raids can get you kicked out of the raid, at least in some guilds. You can get a higher viewpoint by using lev or manipulating the camera options...you don't actually have to be tall to do it.
  5. Stubar Augur

Going to assume they aren't a raider.
  6. Sashagray Journeyman

Tobynn thank you for the great information, I had no idea you could block spells like that. Anyone know what the block buff limit is? if there is one?

For the record, just because I hate Shrink doesn't make me a newb, If i wanted to be short I would have rolled a gnome:) I also dislike mounts, and levitate but obviously will use them when necessary. I raid 4 nights a week in RoF and CotF and really don't see an overwhelming need for every player in the raid to be shrunk at all times... The fatty's sure, and if you don't care one way or the other that's fine, but I refuse to bow down to Tha Shrink 's heh...
    noclue likes this.
  7. noclue Elder

I don't feel so alone anymore :). With the exception of levitation, I share your point of view about shrink, mounts, and blanket "shrink" calls in raids.
    The one I had the hardest time blocking was Shaman group shrink AA. I finally found a Shaman who tracked down the correct AA number.
    I am not positive, but believe the blocked spell max is 25.
  8. Falos Augur

Shrinking on raids is not really about personal preference, it's about not screwing over your fellow raiders, makes it harder for others to see / target mobs / adds (reduces overall situational awareness of others) and also a full raid of shrunk raiders will likely generate less lag for people on old computers than if the raid was full of full size people. I rarely shrink myself in group content either cause I don't see much point to it, but if someone is gonna choose to raid they really shouldn't be showing up unless they are gonna make themselves as tiny as possible for the sake of others (it's a courtesy issue) It doesn't make you a bad player if you do not shrink but I suspect your fellow raiders would GREATLY appreciate it.
    Caudyr and Stubar like this.
  9. Stubar Augur

Agreed, shrinking is optional and I rarely do it...except on raids. As falos said, it makes it difficult for your fellow raiders. It's hard target the correct MoB when you are MA and your ET bar is full and when you're trying to see what's going on and do the correct positioning and BAM...there's a fattie in the way. There's also the collision issue. You can squeeze 54 smaller toons into an area much more efficiently that 54 fatties. However if your raid leader doesn't get on you about it, go ham.
  10. Tobynn Augur

I have always found "everyone must shrink" to be a laughable raid "rule". In my experiences, its never been about generating less lag, its always been about some misguided attempt to improve visibility. Funny thing is ... if everyone shrinks, we all remain the same relative size to one another. Nothing has changed. A shrunken elf still can't see because the shrunken ogre brigade is still blocking the view. Shocking revelation, I know.

You get a couple people that shrink through force of habit, and then they go on a tirade because they quite suddenly can't see due to all the large people in the way. Shock! Hint: you chose to reduce your own field of view, its not my fault you make bad decisions. I do not feel compelled to do you a "courtesy" by joining you in BadDecision Land. These same people are often the ones using highly obstructive illusions like flying dragon or phoboplasm -- but hey, at least they shrunk it, right?

Raiding in tight quarters is largely a thing of the past but at least in those uncommon instances it made some modicum of sense when you had to squeeze everyone into a confined space. Now, we've got raid events like Glimpse -- unobstructed view of a barren flat plain a mile in every direction -- yet those same idjits continue barking that everyone must shrink. Lulz.
  11. Sashagray Journeyman

Good to see I'm not the only raider who thinks its ridiculous that everyone must be shrunk at all times... I mean, I will shrink when necessary it's not that I won't follow instructions or anything like that... It's just, I want it to be my choice if its not mandatory. Nothing worse than joining a raid, being put in a group and within 5 seconds 3 people are casting group shrink like they are full discing the main boss. Anyway I've blocked pretty much all the shrinks now.. Guess ill find out at raids in a couple hours if it works.
  12. Nenton Augur

I'll grant you that everyone's vantage point is the same with everyone shrunk but that is an improvement for the short races. Maybe everyone should be Grown to large race size on your raids so each person has a fair view.

Some selfish non-short race people in this thread.
  13. Tobynn Augur

All of the short races can shrink except one, so I suppose what you meant is its an improvement for gnomes? Fair, lol. You decided to be short, now its not fair that you're short? Selfish is expecting the other 15 races to shrink to accommodate your shortness.
  14. Gragas Augur

Glimpse should be the one raid target in ROF that you shrink and pile up on?
  15. Tarrin Augur

If when everyone shrinks, now everyone looks the same as they just did..so its all the same...

Why does it matter if you just comply and shrink then? Since it all looks the same to you now.
  16. Tobynn Augur

What does it matter if we all jump off the bridge ... its all good if we do it together. Just comply.
  17. Falos Augur

lol it's not just about everyones perspective being the same in scale. Even though everyones vision will be the same scale as it was when everyone was full size mobs will still be full size and stand out more so it still makes it easier to see mobs in the crowd because they will be full-size and everyone will be smurf size.
  18. Tarrin Augur

To be honest, that analogy always bothered me.
    Most of my friends are extremely level headed and smart. If all my friends jumped off a bridge, I would think its more likely the bridge is collapsing and I need to follow my friends to safety, rather than think every single person I know is deciding to do something stupid at the same moment.

I guess I just don't understand the animosity towards shrinking. How does it effect your personal game play being shrunk in a raid?

Since, as it was pointed out by the people that don't like to shrink...your view point remains the same if everyone shrinks...what is the big deal about it? Are we just trying to be different so we can be "non-conformists"? Why is it so important to remain big that you have to actively go about and block 15 thousand versions of the same spell?
  19. Gragas Augur

[IMG]
    Nenton likes this.
  20. Tobynn Augur

How does it effect anyone's personal gameplay not being shrunk? See, I can do that too. Also at what point did I state that I personally have shrink blocked? I said it was a stupid "rule", a rule which is often blanketly applied in any and all situations even when there exists zero benefit. Its borderline nostalgia ... we've always done it this way.

Having no reason whatsoever for doing a thing isn't a terribly good justification for doing that thing. Pointless. Not that there's anything wrong with indulging in pointless behavior from time to time, but there is no need to invent reasons to support the pointlessness.

Better hope that levitate doesn't become mandatory on all raids. No reason for using that 100% either, but if you're told to do it then you'd better get busy flying.