blocked buff slots

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xirtket, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Xirtket Augur

We seriously need more slots for blocked buffs, set the limit at like 100 or something for now.
    Evercluck, Axxius, Ismel and 2 others like this.
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Please devs, we'll give you tree fiddy.
  3. Zentara Augur

4. Edrick Augur

Would be nice, but I think they said it's much harder than it appears. Like it isn't as simple as editing a file from buffblockslots=30 to buffblockslots=100. It's more of a thing the coders have to tackle than the developers as well.
  5. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

And it's server side, rather than client side. Thirty would be manageable, if the coding was fixed to allow us to block entire *lines* of spells, or types of spells. Being able to block all invis with one, and all ivu with another would free up a LOT of slots for me. Same thing with blocking all the C's etc.
    Evercluck, Axxius and Perplexed like this.
  6. Ismel Augur

Yes please!
  7. Mintalie Augur

Throw us a bone!
  8. Perplexed Augur

That would be great, to have "lines" of spells blocked instead of having to remove all varieties of Cert to make room for all varieties of Surety. Then sure as shootin' I'll get hit with group Cert because I had to remove it from blocked list. Same goes for all those buffs that block Brells.
  9. Crystilla Augur

I'm sure you probably know this but just to confirm - if you block the rank 3, it will also block the rank 1 and 2 of that spell line? So just block rank 3 single and rank 3 group and that covers all 6 possibilities of that spell?
  10. TalaelcaranBB New Member

I believe they mentioned before, the issue with blocking an entire line of spells (for example cleric spell haste on a pure melee), isn't currently possible because there isn't a line in the spell data to enter a spell line.
  11. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Yeah they said that. Lines don't exist currently so it's something they'd have to add, and it might be less work to just increase the max slots of blocking.
  12. Crystilla Augur

Problem with that (to Sheex) is it still won't do the trick folks are asking for. There are a number of spells with 'stacking blockers if xx<yy' but from expansion to expansion those numbers repeat.

For example, while the heal (if the spell fires) for the new rank 1 cleric Divine I___ spell is higher than the old rank 3 DI spell, the blocker stacking # is lower and therefore the old DI will overwrite the newer, higher heal DI.

Other spells are like this as well. So basically they have more work to do to fix stuff like this and add in spell lines itself.
  13. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

Aye, the Line blocking is not currently possible. It's very much a wish list item for me, though.
  14. Silv Augur

Yeah this is getting a tad frustrating. I've had to go back and find stuff to 'unblock' so I can block the new stuff thanks to the level increase. I think most people would be happy with any number of slot increase even if it wasn't a huge number!