Bleh, classes.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by tzeriel, May 24, 2015.

1. tzeriel Lorekeeper

Made a Bard as I had planned, but there seems to be roughly a million and a half bards and zero - 1 tanks. Thinking of rolling out a Shadowknight... Guessing Ogre is the way to go?
  2. Aenoan Augur

Quite a few sk's too unfortunately, I would probably consider a paladin or warrior.
  3. Aiona Augur

Yeah, Ogre is great for both warrior and SK.

I keep being told that Warriors aren't all that great until later expansions but I would assume raid guilds still need them. There is a serious shortage of Warriors right now but I think it's because all the real Warriors are leveling mages to twink out their Warriors in order to level them up effectively in groups. ha ha
    tzeriel likes this.
  4. tzeriel Lorekeeper

Played a Warrior from 99-2005. Not interested in that slogfest again haha. Paladin is out because, well, I hate Paladins, in every game ever created.
  5. tzeriel Lorekeeper

DO I DARE DO IT? MAKE A RANGER?
  6. Ultrazen Augur

SKs are great, ogre is certainly the "best" choice due to no stun from the front, and highest starting sta and str. Troll SK would be a strong second choice due to the regen, which is particularly huge at lower levels.
  7. Protagonist Tank

The Ogre frontal stun immunity is the only SK racial bonus that can't be replicated with a buff or item. MUCH later it can be replicated with an AA.
  8. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

If you like a bard, play a bard. Most people who start them on new servers don't last.
  9. Protagonist Tank

Re-emphasizing this. Don't judge the future population against the week 1 tourists.
    tzeriel likes this.
  10. Cyrix New Member

I can recommend ranger if you wanna go a less traveled route. I played one on Fippy during classic and forward and i focused purely on getting ac/hp gear and tanking. I had zero issues tanking anything, anywhere and i even offtanked a bit for raids. It is a super fun class if you like pulling and tanking
    tzeriel likes this.