Black Friday / Cyber Monday Deals

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aziuno, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Aziuno Augur

Weren't there some deals last year with the A shady Swashbuckler on the Day Break Store?
    Weren't those around Black Friday / Cyber Monday, or were they around Xmas?
  2. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

We apparently are getting nothing this year. No subscription sale, no krono sale, no overall market sale (eq2 got a 25% reduction) and no station cash sale. Very odd.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Numiko Augur

I guess we can officially say EQ is the forgotten game of the Daybreak marketing department.
  4. Iyacc Augur

Or, EQ is doing so well that they don't need to have a sale to increase incoming revenue...

I have no idea what the reasoning is, but not everything has to be negative. :)
  5. Machentoo Augur

"Our product is doing so well that we don't need any more revenue..." said no company ever.
    Gana, Gyurika Godofwar and HappyPanda like this.
  6. Iyacc Augur

That's likely true. Maybe EQ2 needs help more, or maybe they decided that the servers suck so much on EQ they can't handle or support more? lol

Could just as easily be that the guy in charge forgot.
  7. Telvanus Journeyman

Why would a company put a product on sale that is already selling well at full price? Sales are used to boost sales when they start to flag. Sales are desperation; an attempt to not only generate more revenue from flagging purchases, but also an attempt to bring more interest in hopes of hooking people into paying full prices again in the future. Companies will charge full price for their products for as long as they can.
  8. Machentoo Augur

Right. All those black friday and cyber monday sales were all just desperation, I'm sure...
  9. Telvanus Journeyman

Nope. Its a good way to get rid of backstock, which is why you see so many TV's on sale. Of course, you don't need a backstock sale for a digital product.
  10. Pack Journeyman

All those black friday sales are just there to get your into the store, where they are banking on your spending full price on more profitable stuff not on sale.
  11. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Gimme reduced station cash so I can buy more full price bags :)
  12. Telvanus Journeyman

This. Another valid point.
  13. Blackburrow23 Elder

Coupons can make an average person buy something they weren't going to simply because they have the coupon / want to try the item. Item wouldn't have been purchased accept it was on a discount and there was a perceived savings. Digital items are 100% profit after recouping "developmental" costs. Having a sale on the station store wouldn't have hurt. All other DBG games had a sale. The current producer of EQ wants to sink the ship.
  14. Machentoo Augur

This. A lot of people only ever buy station cash when it is on sale. If it were never on sale, they'd never buy any.
  15. Numiko Augur

I really do not think the producer of EQ has anything to do with deciding if black friday marketplace sales happen or not...

This was simply an oversight up by some lackey in the marketing dept.

Just hope they have it corrected for the Xmas marketplace sale they usually have.
  16. Herf Augur

Guess I won't be getting Reign of Fire then. No discount. No DB cash discount. No race change :(.
  17. Telvanus Journeyman

Exactly. Thank you. Like I said sales are used to sell things that wont sell at full price.
  18. Telvanus Journeyman

Yes, bad management is another possibility. My supposition that they dont put them on sale because they are already selling well only works if their sales team is competent. This is my first run at EQ since it left Sony so I haven't formed an opinion yet.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

There are many reasons for sales and this is only one of them. The most oft-used type of sale used on Black Friday is the loss-leader, IMO.
  20. Telvanus Journeyman

Agreed. The only possibility i disagreed to was machentoo's seeming assertion that sales always = more revenue. I am unfamiliar with the term loss leader. Is that the type of sale Pack described above?