BL soloing

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Wandidarx, May 21, 2015.

1. Wandidarx New Member

For my Bl should i use a tank merc to solo or get a healer and tank?
  2. sojero One hit wonder

Depends on many factors, gear, level, aa count, etc
  3. Wandidarx New Member

level 85 heroic with really good weps and im not sure how many Aa but i also have HoT mob gear not all but some
  4. sojero One hit wonder

You should get a healer merc and tank it, do the HoT quests and get the heroic augs, go AC. If you need a bit of extra time on pull to get slowed etc, let you pet tank it and slow it then go in.
  5. Wandidarx New Member

Alright thanks Sojero
  6. strongbus Augur

get a wizard merc. with your heal aa's you can heal your pet better then a merc healer. send in pet. slow mob heal pet while dd/dots when can and let the wizard merc do all the dps to kill stuff.
  7. Brohg Augur

wiz mercs aren't turbo on Balanced versus a pet, in my experience, and they can't be Burn w/o taking over tanking
  8. beryon Augur

This is true, but personally, in group gear, I've found pet tank + balanced wiz & bst ranged dps to be more efficient than bst tank + derpy merc healing, assuming single pulls. If I'm plowing through lower level mobs and adds are likely, I prefer to use the cleric merc as the dps merc tends to nuke mobs at random until she gets aggro on one & dies. I highly recommend getting at least one extra merc slot so you can swap back & forth. Tank merc is definitely out for soloing at 85, as bst pc heals won't keep up with incoming damage.
    moogs likes this.
  9. Stubar Augur

Healer Merc without question. Bst pets are beefy enough to tank trash MoBs without any issues.

Tank mercs just get in the way, agro too soon and and generally cause all kinds of problems. Wizard mercs just gank agro to quickly and get steamrolled to be of any use soloing.
    moogs likes this.
  10. Malachi Augur

Too bad. Level 1-70 BL solo is one of the most fun things to do in the game's current state. Can be easily done without a merc too! Beastlords forever!