Bind affinity (nerfed)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vizuni, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Vizuni New Member

as a pure caster type im supposed to be able to bind anywhere, why did binds get nerfed so hard feels like i cant bind anywhere anymore major nerf to pure caster classes whats even the point of having an AA that allows me multiple bind location if the ability to bind ANYWHERE is removed idk why more folks arnt upset about this its a huge nerf to a bunch of classes one of the great things about being a druid or wizard is that you can bind somewhere and then port out later
  2. Vizuni New Member

I have entered an area where bind affinity is allowed!?!?! im druid silly game im supposed to be allowed to bind anywhere!!!
  3. Raytan Augur

Traditionally, melee could only bind in cities, but there are exceptions. Casters have always been able to bind in MANY more locations other than cities, but there are locations that even casters can not bind in and never have been able to.

Without knowing where you failed to bind, but felt you should have been able to, it's hard to say it has been nerfed. However, if you think you were able to bind everywhere, and found a place you can not, but have never tried it before, it may just be one of those spots even casters can't bind at. Not a nerf then.
  4. Vizuni New Member

how about anywhere in kael besides two little corners near the zone line
  5. Vizuni New Member

idk whats a spot casters have never be able to bind ? i have never had a problem binding anywhere until aradune
  6. Vizuni New Member

pretty much it seems like your unable to bind in any dungeon
  7. Raytan Augur

I can't give you a complete list of zones a caster can not bind in, but dungeons are often some of them. I've not tried to bind in older content, as a caster, in some time, but I know in newer content, there are zones like the Plane of Life you can't bind in. I think some zones are tagged as "no bind" so you can't easily bypass content. Many dungeons are no bind, and I think most instance zones.

For older content, https://web.archive.org/web/20021211025952/http://www.eqatlas.com/bindguide.html shows some rules of thumb. There are some zones where you can bind near the zone line, but not everywhere in the zone. Melee can bind in LDoN camps, and even some Gypsy camps, like the one in North Karana. There has always been exceptions.

It has always been this way, so I don't think it's a nerf unless you tried to bind in a spot you did last month, but after the patch, can no longer do so. Just my two coppers, but not sure it's a huge nerf and probably why you haven't seen a lot of complaints.

Good luck.
    Vizuni likes this.
  8. Vizuni New Member

thanks for a legit answer i swear i never saw this please find a city message
  9. Karhar Dream Crusher

I know you can bind in upper guk at the firepot, my friend had his druid bound there for years back in 2000-2001
  10. Raytan Augur

I believe that is the default message, regardless of class, when you can not bind somewhere.
  11. TLP Addict Augur

Step 1. Stop people from being able to bind anywhere, eg past C1 in Plane of Fire
    Step 2. Fix levitation in Plane of Fire

[IMG]
  12. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

13. Fred_Bear Lorekeeper

I've never been able to bind myself inside Kurn's Tower. Outside the zone line is fine, but you can't bind inside the Dungeon. That's not new. It's been that way for 15+ years at least. What is new is the message for melee so they know where they can be bound. I never saw that before recently. It's not that the areas have changed, just that now they're announced for the Melee.

For instance, melee can bind in Field of Bone by the entrance to Kaesora but cannot be bound by the entrance to Kurns. BUT you can bind yourself to the entrance of Kurn's at the top of the ramp. Test it.
  14. The Greatest Beaver Journeyman

I use to bind a cleric and mage, right outside naggy and vox, then use a 52 warrior to kill both of them. You could easily gate back and toss a duration heal/CH on the warrior before he died and gate back in time to re-apply these things.
    Then about 2 months later could no longer bind in Sol B, or by Vox.
    I'm sure I wasn't the only one doing this.
    I'm sorry this was 20 years ago.
  15. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Holy cow. Alright.
    No, you aren't.
    They didn't get nerfed.
    Because it's still super useful for binding in lots of locations. The ability to bind ANYWHERE has never existed in EQ.
    Because it's been this way for over 20 years. G'luck out there!
  16. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Found many places I used to be able to bind directly no longer allowed and- even in places where bind is allowed, it's blocking targeted group member from being bound. In places I've done so for like 20 years. It's silly.
  17. Zipe The Healer

How in the hell there is people that have been binding on the same spot for like 20 years and now they can't?

Have you been binding on the same spot for 20 years or you just have been running around trying to bind yourself on that spots for 20 years just to check you could still bind there?

Threads like this is the reason we'll get:

TLP 2021 rulesets:
    Classic locked (includes a lvl 50 version of PoFire where levitation doesn't work, access is from Lavastorm).
    Ability to bind ANYWHERE.