Big Time collectibles in scorched woods?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Swiss, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Swiss Augur

Can anyone give me a hint if the Big Time collections are still dropping off giants?

I did this for my other character in the past but spent 3 hours tonight without a single collectible dropping and with them being light blue and our group being 110 instead of 105 I'm sure we killed many more giants now than during EoK.

Maybe I'm remembering where I got them wrong, moved camp a few times but never saw one drop, or maybe it has been changed/bugged since the last time I did this.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

I cannot confirm 100%, but I'm fairly sure giants in the fort dropped these.
  3. adetia Monkess Wonder, Ruler of All

they've always been a crappy drop rate, we used to joke it was about a one per hour drop with a decent group slaughtering away merrily in EoK. they should still be dropping, we had a guildie get a few pieces yesterday.
  4. Moege Augur

Doesn't matter where they are. (Inside/outside)

Droprate is just very low about 1/50 according to my logfiles.
  5. Cadbane Journeyman

I would personally love to know how they decide drop rates for collectables. What a wild swing from EOK to ROS. When I die in ROS, my group gets a collectable from me. Is there no happy medium?
  6. Ninelder Augur

I used to kite these to gather the collections for my guildees. It was bad XP even at 105 since at that time they were only dark blue had loads of HP and you could only kite a couple of them at a time since they nuke you. The nuking made it hard for necros and rangers to solo them too.

Since they nerfed druid dots into uselessness I am not sure they could be kited anymore even 5 levels later.

I think they should probably lower the HPs and the nuking amount on them so that its not such a group-required chore camp. Make it solo/moloable again so that those wanting to do the collections actually have a way to do it without begging others to attend a really crappy camp for really crappy XP.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It’s just a bad drop rate combined with the only dropping mob types having higher hp.

F that greatsword for sure!
    Whulfgar likes this.
  8. Whulfgar Augur

I can 100% confirm they do in fact drop off of the giants in and around the fort..
  9. Tucoh Augur

The great sword was my last EoK drop. Took about ~100 kills or half an hour of giant slaughter to get it.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

That damned horn was my very last . took me a week to find one haha
  11. Swiss Augur

Thanks for the help and confirming they still exist, guess we just had a really bad night with no drops lol.
  12. Swiss Augur

5 days later killing giants for 3-5 hours a night I'm up to 11 collectibles with needing 2 more specific to finish, did get a random world drop range item.