Big Gnomes, Big Problems - Feedback request

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Augur, Mar 15, 2013.

1. smash Augur

I lured a shaky into the trap, killed it. And another shaky skeleton spawned.
    lured 1 more into the trap, killed and 1 more spawned.

Then at the time of the final one popped, I still had 5 shaky up
  2. Ormus Elder

3. Riou EQResource

For whatever reason the buff that the Giant gets that goes into the song window poofs (it is either overwritten or gets stripped?). Without the buff the Giant player can't proc the vulnerability on the mobs, but they are still Giant sized and still count as being a Giant to Neringa.
  4. Lily Augur

It was a long, pita mission, but the worst part was, for all our efforts we got...
    Growth potions. That's it. No gear, no aug. Just growth potions.
  5. Augur Developer

Very odd. Thanks for the explanation. Has anyone else experienced this? I'll try to reproduce it on Monday, but I can't think of anything that would cause this off the top of my head.

Interesting. Does the spell window report it landing and then immediately leaving, or just never landing at all. I'll talk with the other devs to see if they can provide insight on any potential spell effect conflicts that might be causing this. Sorry for the hassle, and thanks for taking the time to report!

Sorry you had such a rough time with the mission. Would you mind answering a few questions to help me get a better idea of the problems so I can improve the mission?
    1. How many people were in your group, and what classes were they?
    2. Did any encounters in particular seem overly difficult or require excessive amounts of time?

The reward is randomized at the end, and there are some great options there, but the growth potions are probably the least exciting.

Thanks, Yinla and Ormus. That's really great to hear, especially after the rough start pre-hotfix. I'm really glad to hear it's fun to play through now!

It's definitely a good alternative system to monster missions for now, and I'm glad you like it for that, but like I said at the start, this was more of an experiment than a final solution. I think there are still a LOT of improvements we can make to ensure level-agnostic content is as fun and responsive as it should be. I'll be bringing your feedback (all players') as well as mine to the whole dev team as we build level-agnostic content in the future.
  6. Augur Developer

As a side note, I'd love to hear how often you are getting spotted during the "sneak past the giant skeleton seers" step :) Do you just blitz through and follow your instinct, or look at the paths of the Seers and try to sneak through methodically?

Thanks again for all the feedback so far, all.
  7. Riou EQResource

It does land, yea, when you say the sue related line, just somewhere later on it fades, it looks like it might be bouncing from a buff overwriting it or something maybe?

Steamfont zone is like dieing on servers or something, so it's hard to try seeing and force bouncing it hehe
  8. OoghaSmoochboogeyAB Journeyman

so whats going on with the reward in this quest?

`Chest Drops:
    - Blue Stone of Power
    - Green Stone of Power
    - Metamorph Totem: Poisoned Rat
    - Polymorph Wand: Silver Gnomework
    - Red Stone of Power
    - Unstable Clockwork Launcher
    - Vice Trap
    - White Stone of Power`

We saw non of this loot......just naff growth potion. Felt like a real con job.
    Ranger4you likes this.
  9. Ranger4you New Member

holy cow dude, 2 hours to do this and a growth potion? Really? Thats the reward? The one in Xorbb takes 30 mins and gives better loot. And that one doesnt have me beta content. BTW,, . At the Kill Skellies attacking the Sheriff part, the giant could not do any damage on the skeleton even though he had the buff on him (both giant and skelly) after killing a gnome.

lame on the rewards. never would have done it had i know.
  10. Riou EQResource

Missions still new, not all the drops will be known for a bit :)
  11. RVDRVD New Member

Since revamp got thru this a few times without issues. The revamp seems to have worked well.

Augur, I have been sneaking along the walls and mountains. Been caught 1 time once and got thru two times unseen.
    Augur likes this.
  12. smash Augur

Loot really should be changed, so it contains 1 aug + 1-2 of the other stuff.
    Otherwise it will be a task people will do 1 time for the credit on achievement
  13. Riou EQResource

I dunno, I beat it in 40 minutes boxing a 2nd toon (so 2 toons doing mission), and I will be doing it for all the fun toys, but waiting on the Steamfont zone to stop being lame :p
    Augur likes this.
  14. RVDRVD New Member

I agree with Riou that its not that long of a mission and 40 mins seems about right with 2 doing it.
  15. Jyve Augur

yup, it's a fast one, hard to fail really. and fairly easy to duo/box too
  16. CaptAmazing Augur

Unless it bugs
  17. Rogue Augur

still broken on zek
  18. Augur Developer

How so?
  19. Rogue Augur

the zone in da, Runes of Zek, makes the buff not cast when zoning in, make it reapply itself every minute maybe?
  20. Augur Developer

Thanks. I'm going to be looking into this when I'm back in the office tomorrow.