Better 6 box setup?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xyla, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Xyla Journeyman

I am deciding between:

Enc Sham +
    Either 4x Necros or 4x Monks.

I am currently running a 6 box of War, Clr, Enc, Brd, Wiz, Mag, but not feeling it, too much switching around and junk, prefer something a bit more braindead I guess :p.
  2. AgentofChange Augur

3. eqzekisdead Augur

Everyone here hates boxers. You will find better boxing and farming info on the shadier eq sites.
  4. Xyla Journeyman

Agnarr.

Why would people hate them, they allow truebox for a reason, and its fun sometimes to try it out. (Never boxed before this)
  5. Machentoo Augur

4xmonk is a lot easier than 4xnecro, especially once you get auto activate flying kick. Autofollow to position the monks, and one assist button per mob (per monk) and you are done.
  6. nagash101 Augur

Lies. Just people that don't understand boxing.
  7. nagash101 Augur

Do, Cleric, Druid and 4 Rangers. If on Agnarr, Rangers, ranged dps is crazy when PoP hits. If Phinigel i would say do 4 monks. Or the easy go to for boxing one cleric and 5 mages.
  8. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

How about
    SK
    Cleric
    Enchanter
    3 Mages
    Risiko likes this.
  9. nagash101 Augur

^^^^

yeah this a good one also
  10. Fisty McFists New Member

It depends on what you're doing. Anything short of MOTM mobs I run the following and it's been incredibe.

Enchanter
    Cleric
    Mage x3
    Bard / Druid (Both separate accounts)

When I need to travel somewhere a lot (Epic run around) I load up the Druid over the Bard. But for EXPing and sitting at one camp Bard all the way. At 60 the Bard's mana/hp regen (With Stringed Instrument) song is completely ridiculous when stacked with C2.
    The Ench charm pet can tank anything that doesn't have MOTM. 2 of the mages have epics and they are amazing DPS that is so simple.

Monk x4 sounds nice in theory, but moving them on every single fight is so complicated and autokick doesn't exist until AA. A monk that is auto attacking only is probably less DPS than an Epic'd Mage pet but requires much more work. Not to mention the upside of 1,650 DD nukes anytime you want to burn something.

If you want to attempt any MOTM mobs (Which trust me, once you get comfortable enough boxing, you'll want to attempt this) I'd suggest dropping one of the Mages and using a Shadowknight. This is exactly what I'm doing now.

Which brings us to:
    Enchanter
    Cleric
    Shadowknight
    Mage x2
    Bard / Druid
  11. Risiko Augur

I personally would swap out one mage for a necromancer. Then I would be able to use the necromancer to recover from any wipe situations (necro fd/rez cleric).