Beta launcher help

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by RangerRicc, Aug 25, 2013.

1. RangerRicc New Member

had an issue, but i think it's resolved now.
  2. Geroblue Augur

It repeatedly errors out during download.
  3. TSR-AlexS Augur

Glad you were able to get everything fixed! Please let us know if you have any more issues :p
  4. GregS New Member

Got beta to download after 3 days but now it gets to 99.9 then bounces back to 99.7 and loops till it times out
  5. Sunbeard New Member

I get
    *Warning: Retrying arelis.eqg
    *Error: The downloaded file does not match what was expected. An update may be in progress.
    Please try again in 20-30 minutes.

Very frustrating. Cant get into beta.
  6. Myxzoid New Member

Copy the arelis.eqg file from you EQ live folder and paste it into your beta folder then re run the beta installer should fix it.There is another post about this people say to do this to fix it it worked for me and others.
    Sunbeard likes this.
  7. Wumpee New Member

Thanks... that fixed it for me too.
  8. Retepga New Member

After messing around with this for hours I copied the entire EQ directory into the Beta Folder to no avail. Still getting to about 700-750 then it starts bouncing back until I get the message "Error: The downloaded file does not match what was expected. An update may be in progress.
    Please try again in 20-30 minutes."
    I've deleted the directory and re-downloaded several times. It's happening on both my accounts that were invited to the Beta, and running on different computers.
    Don't know what else to try.
  9. Hammer New Member

Ok here is real easy fix for error msg. It times out on arelis.epq open both launcher then click on file directory . On real eq locate file right click mouse copy. Then go to file directory in betas launcher right click and paste . relaunch Beta launcher Bingo U in
  10. Whulfgar Augur

Patcher wont allow me to get past a certain point. I was all the way in Beta last night setup toon and everything.

Today I go to login to Beta and get this.

Unable to write to C:/Users/Public/Sony Online Entertainment/Installed Games/Everquest
    Beta/Launchpad/libs/AwsomiumProvess.exe-
    http/Launchpad.patch.station.sony.com/patch/sha/Launchpad/Launchpad.sha.zs/36/066/af226959
    The File may be in use or you may lack the necessary permissions to install.
  11. Icepic New Member

I am having same problem. any one have a fix for this.
    ive done the arelis.eqg and it did not help
  12. Ajera New Member

13. TSR-SeanF Augur

Please try following these steps:

1. Right-click on your Sony Online Entertainment folder.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Go to the Security tab.
    4. Select Edit.
    5. Select Users (YOURNAME\Users)
    6. In the Allow column, select Full control.
    7. Apply those permissions, and try again.

If your issues persist after doing so please open a support ticket with us for further assistance.