BETA IS DOWN! Has been all day

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Puzzled, Nov 4, 2023.

1. Puzzled Lorekeeper

Beta has been down all day and needs checked. If they are working on it would be nice to know and when it might be fixed. Thank you.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Beta is secondary. Which is why it is not called Alpha. Relax. I am sure they'll bring it back up Monday.
  3. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

They probably have the weekends off.
  4. Tuco Augur

If any DBG employees read this, i hope you're having a great weekend. Don't sweat the beta being down, pick it up tomorrow morning!
    Andarriel and Metanis like this.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

When does gamma start?
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  6. uberkingkong Augur

This makes sense.
    Why have it up when no dev's are watching, there to do anything about it.
    Why let people do the raid 1000 times, once you got it down as a developer point of view, no bugs.
    Why keep letting people play and beat the expansion and master the expansion before the game is released.

It's beta, your a tester, not there to beat and master the game.

Having the server up over the weekend costs $$$$$ too
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Just before "HULK SMASH!"
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Nennius like this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

And then the Delta team arrives?
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth likes this.
  9. Tuco Augur

Hmm, maybe when a TLP server unlocks it.
  10. uberkingkong Augur

Beta should be down if no dev is there to watch, there to reply back. If dev's are off, its a weekend. There shouldn't be beta server up.

Costs $$$$, servers aren't cheap. Wondering how you can manage $$$, turn off beta during weekends, turn off beta if your not actively collecting anything.

If you got all your data, turn it off, you got what you want, everyone had there chance.

Don't need to keep it going so everyone beats LS before it even releases.
    Its beta, its test the game for them.

Not beat the game before it goes live.
    This isn't early access, its beta.

Once they have the data and don't plan on collecting anymore data to finalize the product, turn off the servers. Treat it like what it is, beta. Testing phase. If they are not collecting data, servers are $$$$ costs $$$$$. Turn them off. Can save some thousands $$$ turning off beta if its not being collected for data anymore. Can give that $$$ to the dev's as a bonus or something.
    Dev's probably prefer get together pizza party over a bonus though.

Its not early access.
  11. Randomized Augur

Tell me you don't understand how Beta works and it's intentions, without telling me you don't understand.

UKK will go first

Ssdar, Skuz, Nennius and 5 others like this.
  12. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Hi everyone, we are aware of Beta being down, it is being investigated.
    Scila likes this.
  13. uberkingkong Augur

https://blizzardwatch.com/2023/05/12/diablo-4-beta-test/
    The Diablo 4 beta is now over, but we’ll all get to play when the game launches on June 6!
    We’re getting close to Diablo 4’s release date, and the game went through a round of beta testing in March — but now we’re gearing up for another round of Diablo 4 beta testing.

Where does it say leave the servers up forever until new expansion comes out? Doesn't because that how beta works.

You guys whine about the game not making money, how it should be more greedy.
    Doesn't have to be greedy if it spends its money wisely. Spends its resources wisely.

Leaving a server up, beta, thats $$$$ thousands.
  14. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The beta server is up year round as that is the server that Daybreak uses year round for work, players are just given access for a short period each year.
    Ssdar, Skuz and Scila like this.
  15. uberkingkong Augur

Looks like something that can cut costs on then.

Beta.

Its not Dev, STG, Prod.
    Why you leave a random server up year round?

Like I said.
    People on these forums are just dodging the fact that other games don't beta like EQ does it.
    Beta is a week or 2. test, get the data test.
    Works as intended good. Ok everyone leave, play when the game launches.

EQ, we got the data but now,
    go ahead and beat everything, and just keeping playing too.
    Leave the server up year round, even if no one is using still up. Still costing $$$$. Its not cheap. thousands $$$$
  16. Scila Augur

/points UKK toward the monthly updates ..... those go somewhere b4 they go to test then live they don't happen in a vacuum
    Ssdar and Skuz like this.
  17. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Cut costs by removing the server they use for development? It isn't a random server but the server they use on a daily basis, we are just invited to join it during the beta period.
    Yinla and Skuz like this.
  18. uberkingkong Augur

So its a dev server then.
    Fact you guys are dodging is that,
    https://blizzardwatch.com/2023/05/12/diablo-4-beta-test/
    The Diablo 4 beta is now over, but we’ll all get to play when the game launches on June 6!
    We’re getting close to Diablo 4’s release date, and the game went through a round of beta testing in March — but now we’re gearing up for another round of Diablo 4 beta testing.

Other games don't let the community keep play the beta until its released. There is a set date, where you try everything. Thats not good practice letting beat the game before its released.

Beta is collecting data, are things working intended.
    It's not where you go ahead and start formulating raid strategies, rinse and repeat until beat all the raids in beta multiple times.

You can beat the raid, you beat it, looks like everyone as it should be. Ok go away.

The biggest cost factor having a server is the database.
    Many many people, equals more database activity. Higher $$$$$.

You got your data, you did your fixes. Theres no reason why people should still be running around perfecting the expansion to be released. Its doable, its good. Kickplayers /beta.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Does it matter what the server is called? They use it for their daily use and invite us to use the server when it is beta time.

Keeping the server up over the weekend isn't what lets guilds learn and beat all the raids during the beta period.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Sissruukk Rogue One

If you really want to complain about a game where devs spend $$$ on server uptime while only allowing pre-Alpha players on it, look at Pantheon. Thing is that people are still pledging to that project just to keep a development server up and running for the devs.