Best Zone to Grind In

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tarvas, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

So I just started in on TDS because I'm bored and I am through Endless Caverns. Where is a good place to sit down and grind at? I have a 105 Ranger (T1 CotF/RoF), a 105 Druid (T1 CotF/RoF), and a 100 Necro (Group Junk from RoF/CotF) who is the subject of this grinding. I know HAs are suppose to be good, but I want to get some use out of all these nifty Shared 50% pots I just bought. Any suggestions would be welcomed :D
  2. Syrup Augur

Brother Island seems to be the best static zone to farm in for TDS.
    Thuli island HA grinds are pretty good too once you're progressed that far.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Tarvas and NotSilv like this.
  3. NotSilv Apprentice

If you can stand to push through some more progression, get flagged for Thuli. While Syrup is right that the Thuli HAs are great, it's also a good static grind zone (just don't pick a camp of mobs used for tasks/quests). If you don't want to/aren't able to... you're probably stuck to Brother's Island but it can get crowded quick. It does have the advantage of dropping the 30 purity augs randomly off anything and the named are pretty easy if you pop them. Don't forget to loot any extra armor drops for yourself even though they're no drop - they combine for free and are good tribute if that's your thing.

One plus about TDS HAs is that you get normal XP for killing, not just the reward at the end; that's one reason why the Thuli HA is so great... high mob density and no people.
    Gyurika Godofwar, RPoo and Tarvas like this.
  4. Leex Pewpewer

I personally like Degmar, however I think that might be due to playing a caster and the fact that caster PS drop in that zone ;).

The fact you are a Ranger I'd agree with the statements above, Thuli would be your best bet. You could farm up a ton of melee PS while you XP. It's also one of the best zones in TDS visually. Plus you could start on your parrot aug.
    Mintalie and Tarvas like this.
  5. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Appreciate it.
  6. NotSilv Apprentice

I *may* be wrong but I think I've heard several people say the melee DPS power source is junk and that the tank (Dredge) or caster (Degmar) are superior. Of course, if you have none, then 1>0. :D

Parrot aug is also a great point! Totally forgot about that.

Personally, I really like Dredge, of course that's even more progression to get through. It's a huge zone and usually pretty empty - honestly not sure why more people don't like it. Although, the HA there is garbage IMO.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Tarvas like this.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It's also worth noting that the HA po8 rewards relative to the price of stuff is way, way different in TDS compared to CotF, so don't really expect currency as a viable model to gear the Nec. You really don't get an even remotely meaningful amount of currency until you get to t3, and even then you're looking at something like 10-12 tasks to buy a single spell rune.

My vote is hunt names in thuli while working on the parrot aug mixed in with the HA there. The thuli ha is one of the least annoying and better exp runs, it's nice for a lesson burn and can spawn 0-3 names per run too.
    Leex, Tarvas and NotSilv like this.
  8. Drakang Augur

Last 4 zones are the better XP. Find one you like. If you grind Dredge tanks will love you if you rot off powersources. I find the named in dredge much harder than the named in Arx Mentis. But Arx you have more charming mobs. Degmar is a pretty easy zone once you get used to it. Thuli just learn which mobs to avoid and how to pull. Remember mamas protect their babies and babies defend their mothers at times.