best way to lvl 12 boxes on ritzlona ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wildone, May 7, 2020.

1. BlingBling Journeyman

By the way he means spin up his own AOC instance... You only need a group to do that and then he can have his own private Solb (Hole, Fear, Hate, etc..) starting early to farm Efreeti/FG's every week. On servers where Efreeti is perma camped for a long time, being able to do this to gear up your 6+ box is important. If you 6+ box and aren't in a hardcore raiding guild, you should always have AOC's on cycle. And at later expansions you can come back and do the earlier ones for fun or cash.
  2. Laronk Augur

Many people spend more than this at bars per month
  3. Laronk Augur

Leveling is quite slow so you don't miss out a ton on moving around like that, I think its best to level in what ever zones you like the best even if its a bit slower. That path wouldn't be optimal but you spend a bunch of time in each of those level brackets too. Often on TLP unless you're ahead of the pack (which requires not sleeping pretty much) the zones and picks are so packed that it also slows down leveling a bit just due to spawn availability.
  4. mark Augur

paying for 6 or 12 accounts its a minor expense for me going out playing poker dinner etc its between 200$ to 300$ each time and i have 12 boxed before on ragefire but after don eq his boring for me.
  5. Vicus Augur

All the guilds recruiting openly on Rizlona are focusing on 1 single main and most likely won't be boxing more then 1 maybe 2 characters in the raid, and only a select few. Our guild won't really have any boxers for awhile as it won't be needed (will do box only raids for fun on off days). Even when it becomes needed it most likely would be a bard or cleric. The guilds that are recruiting (there are box guilds out there that aren't recruiting as they will be doing the 6 box stuff) are just looking to main this server because the classic-pop thing has been done enough and they are looking forward to GoD and beyond and its way easier to accomplish things when the population leaves.

One of the things I think Rizlona has going for it is there will still be a lot of grouping from classic-Pop, but if you are on a shorter time schedule you can fire up your boxes and go farm a camp or get some experience ect. If you were player a single character and go get a group and 30 minutes later tell the group you need a replacement it will just make grouping a challenge for you and the group you join.

Instead of just recruiting anyone that wants to play many of the Rizlona guilds are recruiting people that are wanting to really go long term (if DBG doesn't turn the lights off). If Aradune makes it to live it will be with a small small fraction of the guilds it starts with. All those hardcore guilds will start to fold as not coming in first will wear on the raiders, leaders, ect.
    Alakshak likes this.
  6. Machen New Member

I don't think he does mean this, actually. As you noted, you don't need 12 to spawn your own AoC's. 12 plus a group of guildmates or two will spawn a new pickzone in some zones though.

And you're not gonna get a whole lot of GEBs from aoc solb.
  7. BlingBling Journeyman

You may be right, the more you have the more likely you can spawn a new pick pick. And with that kind of DPS it will be tough to farm against it. Except a lot of players on Riz will have that many and more.

But I get your point, mine is if you are doing let's say a 12 box run of Hate, Fear, Hole, Solb, etc... every week by yourself don't it may be beneficial and profitable? Yeah you won't get 10 efreeti boots, but you will get tons of loot to gear up and sell. Some people like to create their own AOC's and try to clear an instance. I know it's fun to do in Hate as best you can :)
  8. Gio1999 Augur

After awhile this justification gets silly; it gets used on about everything.
  9. Jimmy2times Elder

What you want to do is play the “MMO” portion of this game and not box 12 characters and play with other real life people like the genre suggests.
  10. Seinna New Member

Nah, you got your truebox server. Quit whining about ours.
  11. Jimmy2times Elder

Point out the whining? I was answering the question you clown.
  12. Laronk Augur

But its not silly, he gets value out of playing the game, if he's spending 120 a month he probably plays more than 40 hours a month. If you break it down the entertainment is relatively cheap.