best way to level a Druid on Phinny?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tiffy31, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Tiffy31 Elder

Decided to make a Druid since I really didnt like my BL or SK. Since low level grouping seems to be non existent whats the best way to level up a Druid? Invested about 1 Krono in some gear, so not much but better than nothing I guess. I have never played a Druid but is charm killing with Animals still a thing? However, I only remember reading about people doing that in places like PoStorms using the frogs so how should I level up until I can do that?
  2. Anhari Augur

(TIC): Play a ranger with a trueshot bow :p

In reality, 1st get a Fire beetle eye so you can cast Flame Lick. (Best zone for this is Qround Freeport, N.Qeynos or Qeynos Hills. Hard to find them in G.Fey, butcherblock. Tox does have them, but what druid would start in that god forsaken forest!

After that, and once you get to around level 12 or so, go to the Karana's. Lots of room for kiting, appropriate mobs and some very nice camps. I like to charm the lions and use them till their hides drop off of them!
  3. Rhodz Augur

http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/ may help

To get a fire beetle eye just start a char does not matter what in Qey and go kill some fire beetles.
    Put em in the shared bank, get your eye and sell the rest for your trouble back in Gfay.

Charm starts at 13 which would put a SRo caimine (11-12) in a real good range for you. 14 might be better but hey learning curves. Great place to learn the play as outside agro is easy to avoid.

Seem to remember snare-fear-kill with pet being real easy at 15 in SRo as long as you keep an eye on where things are going but that was a long time ago.
    Once you get things like that down the game just becomes better.
  4. Jahtw Journeyman

Charm is definitely the way to go, and until you get it down well, definitely stay in outside zones. Keep your pet snared and the mob it's fighting snared and rooted. The exp will be decent through the low and mid levels, but once you get to 50+ with the 75% heals, druid charming takes off. In Chardok, Sirens, Maidens Eye and some PoP zones I got better exp solo then I did in groups. If you are fighting somewhere without a charm let, move, as the exp simply won't be worth it.
  5. Prisim Lorekeeper

I'd avoid Sirens. The mobs are too MR and dealing with water is never worth it. Maidens isn't great either because you will get swarmed. Chardok is solid, excellent charm zone for a druid. From there you move to Plane of Storms and Plane of Valor when those become available.
  6. Rhodz Augur

Also at certain level ranges Quadding is just great fun.
    Best zones in the beginning are in SoV but many areas exist in various eras.
    Should be a lot of detailed guides on that still around.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Awesome. Please everyone heed this. Stay away from SG. There's nothing to see here.