best two box duo?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by WhatThe!?!?, Jan 10, 2013.

1. pk76 Augur

3 box here on same computer , one screen , windowed , full screen . no other program

amd atlon 6400 , with 2x g-force 8800 gts (512 meg ) and window xp , and run very smooth.
    when i was 2 boxing i was alt tab everytime, now that i 3 box , and click the eq icon on the taskbar.

once used to it it can be very fast .

ex: mobs in east-waste orc camp die in about 15 to 20 sec. and that camp can have many adds,, easily rootable on the way back to camp if i use my shm or snare if i use my druid .

i find it faster when i pull with my shm and use the fast cast and refresh root tho. pulling 5 to 6 is np, if i get more than that i only need to coh near group and pick what is close and already rooted.
    (ps: coh need to be away from agro range to work tho , if not you will get agro from the pull ).

shm / mage and either druid or chanter , with 2 or 3 caster mercs with druid or chanter with their aura to add more damage from every casts, even from mercs.
  2. Cone head Augur

The best duo, box set up is…..Dependent on play style and content along with knowing what you are doing and how to do it.
  3. Shambala Journeyman

I 3 box as well, as with everyone setting up a box I took the time to think about it here was my conclusion:

Instead of bard i went with an:
    Enchanter, I know I miss out on the over-haste but instead I get a much easier CC
    Druid, Back up heals little dps... real key here is the evac and the teleport to bind...
    Beastlord, I just like bst, a few other classes could of worked here but it's my personal preference to play a bst.

I could probably maximize the dps or capability with a better config. But as is, I spend most of my time on the bst with the druid/ ench just auto-follow and there just for support. Really stable set up I hardly ever die and I can pull big and can take decently hard mobs one at a time. My bst's dps is so good it's actually a dps gain to just stay on him and not be tabing over to start a nuke on the druid ect.

Perfect for me.
  4. Elliora New Member

I am 3 boxing right now. I keep trying out all sorts of mix and matches (I am in no rush to max level atm). Personally I like the shaman over the bard so far in my different combos because the dots and even buffs just feel stronger to me.....I have no parses to back this up though. I also love having as a 3rd a druid for snares, ports, evac, DS, and more dots.

I am 3 boxing on one PC, one monitor (27 inch), one keyboard, one mouse, and no extra programs. All I do is pull with whomever is my *main* at the time and get agro melee/spells started. Then I click another EQ instance on the bottom of my screen, hit 1 (assist *main*) and hit the 2 (which casts 3 spells because I can't seem to get the pauses to work on the same line as the /cast 1). While that one is working click on account 3, hit 1 and hit the 2 just like above. Then I go back to my main which tends to be a busy class and go back to clicking tons of buttons......I am in no way doing the best job of it but I am learning and having a blast doing it which is all that matters :)

To the person who says to just group. For me I have a 2&1/2 year old boy running around. I am AFK a great deal for him and at random times because he comes before the game always. While he is playing nice with his toys I can run and kill a few things. When he decides he has to try to jump off the table, I go AFK and generally by the time I am back everyone I am playing is dead LOL! No big deal to me because at least I got to play a little. If I was doing that to a group though it would be extremely unfair to everyone else. So I do not group. I know I am not the only other person who does not group for the exact same reason.
  5. anthraciteMT Journeyman

moogs,

Thank you again for the response.

It is again good to hear that boxing is not too resource intensive.

It seems that plenty of the people that responded have had much success boxing without downloading any outside programs (like the WinEQ2 suggestion), which is great because I do not want to download anything extra.

Thank you for responding with your computer specs. My computer is only 1 year old, and I am now confident that I should have no problems boxing, if I choose to do so.

I am a bit torn about what to do, class wise, if I do choose to pursue boxing 2 accounts. I was originally looking to play a Shadow Knight/Paladin with a Caster class, since those are the classes I have never played. But with so many people recommending Shamans as a great supplement, I am trying to decide what to do. I already have a high 40's/low 50's Shaman on my primary account. I originally wanted the Sk/Pal to be on my primary account, as I prefer Melee classes (my very first character is a Ranger), and have the Caster/Shaman on my second account. My primary account has my Veteran Rewards, and I can see more longevity with a Melee class than a Caster class, thus wanting the Melee class on my primary account. This sounds very confusing when I re-read what I typed, my apologies.
  6. pk76 Augur

caster are much easier and faster to box tho, and if you going the melee tank route , you will need to be farming all the best AC augment to be effective , VS if you going with mage pet as tank who mainly only need one decent pet ear for the mage .... ( focus who boost pet stats ) and aa's on defensive for pet.

but it's all your choice , can't beat the caster set up boxing tho ;) , since you asking for the best 2 box .
  7. moogs Augur

Basically the same setup and the same philosophy. Kudos to you.
  8. moogs Augur

I know you don't want any outside programs but be aware that a recent patch screwed up how the EQ windows stack on the Windows 7 taskbar. Here is the thread with the fix: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i...cting-windows-stacking.1833/page-3#post-26822
  9. moogs Augur

10. anthraciteMT Journeyman

Hmm, the Mage and pet class is intriguing me.

I am actually not the Thread creator, so I do not really care about what is the most efficient way of boxing. I just happened to begin asking questions in this thread regarding it, and everyone has been kind enough to share their experiences and answer my questions.
  11. pk76 Augur

well it depend also if the player prefer to be melee or caster.
    and the player behind the toon can make a difference as well .

i am very effective boxing , i also saw a boxed group , when we were all lv 95 ,he had SK , bard , wizzy , shm + 2 healer mercs, and i was outside group to help dps with my shm , and here and there i got the kill shot over that set up o_O .i was hot key 2 fast dots, fast dd and 2 other big dot , ................... his bard was about 3500 aa's and the sk about 2500.

at 1st i was grouped with my mage but i had to disband my mage because i had most of the kills 2box , helping him (a friend ) .

that's why caster's are easier and faster to box because you don't have to place melee at range , many times when i was boxing a monk , he was going many times out of range to melee the mob , but the mob was still able to damage him,so glad i did change monk for a mage ,was much easier to box.
  12. anthraciteMT Journeyman

Thank you for the advice pk76.

Right now I am just playing my main with a merc right now. I didn't realize how unaccustomed I have become to EQ's UI and controls, so I will not even attempt boxing until I feel more comfortable.
  13. Fyrerock Augur

A mag is 3 classes in one, a tank a healer and dps, which is why the pets groups wearing group gear in Voa were able to handle the most content with the fewest number of toons in a group.
  14. pk76 Augur

and got the pulling covered.

boxing or grouped , other toon can be puller easy via COH
  15. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Boxing is bad for EQ
  16. Raptorjesus5 Augur

It's no different than soloing, which is what the vast majority of boxers would be doing if they weren't boxing.
  17. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

grouping is fun! if every one just did it more wouldnt be issues
  18. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Grouping can be fun when the players are competent, but forcing everyone into the same play style is never a good idea.
  19. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

cause being anti social instead of inviting other players is a great play style...
    i will say this. THANK GOD i can solo cause if this game revolved around the need to group wouldnt be able to play... to many people box and refuse to group with others in all aspects of the game. its sad truely it is. pay more money for an MMO to play alone =(
  20. Shanaie Lorekeeper

Right, because there are always groups to be found at all levels on all servers and at all hours of the day or night. :rolleyes: