best to pair with a druid

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Kobos77, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Kobos77 New Member

Thinking of pairing a monk, bst, shamen, enchanter.....thoughts?
  2. Kobos77 New Member

3. Tucoh Augur

At level 105 in modern content, the best pair with a druid is an SK. Warrior is good too, and requires less effort to box than an SK (assuming you're talking about boxing here). If you didn't want to change whatever gameplay paradigm you have, adding pure DPS with a ranger, berserker or wizard would be good.

As for your selection choices (mnk/bs/sha/enc), I'm not sure which one is the best. I haven't heard whether beastlord pet or tank mercs are better tanks since the last upgrade to tank mercs, but beastlord DPS is pretty bad right now. Monk DPS is too. I don't really know what a dru/sha or dru/enc group would look like, but I don't think it would work very well.
    SevrinSevendust likes this.
  4. Coronay Augur

I agree with Tucoh in that your best bet (if boxing) is going to be a SK or War.

But if you really want something out of that list, shammy then. You can use tank & cleric mercs and DoT mobs to death.
  5. Reval Augur

Shammy is shortsighted. Both can heal, but they may not have dps forever. I'd go with an SK for tanking (can always use 2 dps mercs in that case), but if not that, then I'd say beastlord, as they do benefit from the adps of a druid much more than a monk, and are a valid dps class.
  6. nantalbus Elder

If boxing and going be playing the druid as main. Go bst. can use the bst pet as tank. As well as if don't want to deal with getting the bst in close for melee can have it stand back and heal its pet. A fully aa out bst can heal its pet better then a merc. so doing that can run 2 wiz mercs.
  7. Kruggan_Darkblood Lorekeeper

I vote Beastlord. I'm doing Druid & Beastlord on Ragefire now (mid-50s) and it's quite effective. I occasionally toss in a mage for more dps and pet toys and it rocks. I've also duo'ed my druid with Enchanter and it's also a very, very effective combo - but it requires more work obviously due to charm breaks.
  8. Raptorjesus5 Augur

You really want to have an actual tank in any box group. Shadowknights and Paladins would both benefit well from a Druid. Otherwise a Beastlord and their pet would be better than nothing.
  9. Kallitank Elder

What he said. I think it's hard to do current content without a real tank. SK is a good fit for Druid , ranger or chanter if you go 3.
  10. smash Augur

Druid is bad in regard to a tank due to lack of slow, imo.
  11. iVALADYANx That's a Necromancer

chanter fan, charm/slow/mez, my wiz and enc can kill lcea namers, enc have aa charm thats unbreakable. could run tank and clr mercs for charm breaks.
  12. Brohg Augur

Druid atk debuffs are more powerful than slow against mobs that need that kind of backup.
    Chaosflux likes this.
  13. smash Augur

Which ? Not played dr00d for very long
  14. Chaosflux Augur

Hand of Ro AA and Frosthowl Breath (is the name now?)

It's been that way since POP.
  15. Brohg Augur

Pellicle of the Reptile
    Moonbright Frost
    Blessing of Ro(AA)
    Chaosflux likes this.
  16. Ultrazen Augur

Yah, slow doesn't actually land on anything you'd really need it for, and most of the buffs are superfluous at high levels. The druid debuff actually lands on a surprising number of things, and is highly under rated.

In any content post about level 75, you want a real tank. Anything other than a real tank, will get eaten alive by even single blue con mobs. Given how powerful tanks are at higher levels, it's hard to argue with anything other than war/sk/palie. Druid/SK + 2 DPS mercs, you can do about anything.
  17. Kianara Lorekeeper

Not true on post 75 content. I box druid and bard, and druid tanks everything up through Arx in TDS. Yes, after that you will want a real tank .. but you can do perfectly fine through Arx. NFW, while highly mana inefficient, is HUGE aggro and holds over my max aa wiz merc on full burn (in full dropped EoK merc gear). With the bard, you should always have single pulls, and when you don't you still have mez at your disposal.