Best TBM Sympathetic proc for wizards?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Shallizar, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Shallizar Lorekeeper

2. CrazyLarth Augur

am I missing some thing
    I see both -200

Spell Type: Detrimental - Resist: Magic -200

Spell Type: Detrimental - Resist: Fire -200
  3. Shallizar Lorekeeper

Magic is resistance is higher in general on the mobs I thought?
    so for a single mob it would be kinda like
    MR 1500-200=1300
    FR 1200-200=1000
  4. Sancus Augur

The resists are pretty much irrelevant when you consider the biggest reason to choose Terror Condenser of the Faceless (which is rank XIV, not XIII, btw) over High Bokon Mangling Staff: Fury of Ro. Fury of Ro adds 2500 points of crit-able damage to fire spells, including procs, meaning when you have a choice you want to use fire procs. The other, albeit significantly smaller, consideration DPS wise is the 33 spell damage advantage Terror Condenser of the Faceless has over High Bokon Mangling Staff. When you're discussing only a 150 point difference in proc damage, the minor benefit of spell damage is relevant. I don't know the exact impact on Wizards, but for Mages the spell damage bonus on Storm of Many alone outweighs the base damage difference between the two procs.

Basically I'm fairly convinced Terror Condenser of the Faceless is the best caster 2HB DPS-wise in TBM.
  5. Maxxbuff1 Elder

I have long spell casting times just as Sancus.. and to add to this... when I encounter a mob that is fire resistant, it is extremely resistant. Whereas magic, tends to be easily overcome by almost every class using enchanter, necro, etc debuffs or you can grab a clicky from OMM and do it yourself.
  6. Apoc Augur

The real answer is both if you know what you are doing as a wizard.
  7. Silentchaos Augur

4 situations:

Fury of Kerafyrm + Fury of Ro. Fire 2h.
    Fury of Ro only. Fire 2h.
    Fury of Kerafyrm only. Magic 2h.
    No furys. Learn 2 furys.
    Sancus and Xikteny like this.
  8. Brohg Augur

Filled in details
    Silentchaos likes this.
  9. Critts Augur

What about with no fury I.E. When the buff is gone and you haven't got jack for the next 10 mins or so?
  10. Brohg Augur

That was answered by Silariuss