Best Solo'ing in Progression and Beyond

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Psyran, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Necromonious Augur

Mages can ghetto CC in later expansions by using their rumbling servant line with a good pet focus. Those little gargoyles can off-tank an add fairly well, it's like a CC that does damage. With the right gear and AA's, you can chain them indefinitely, like at lev 105 I can completely lock a mob up with spamming them until it's dead, while DPS'ing another

Necro swarms are very effective too, just each skeleton dies in 1 hit (of 3), so it wont hold up a mob as long as Gargs from what I remember
  2. RainbowTest Augur

Since this thread and the OP asked for beyond progression I would like to chime in that the Necromancer class and Monk classes are essentially the only ones who can actually SOLO(not molo) up at the end game safely. Sure there will be a few expert mages who think they are gods gift to eq who will argue they can solo just fine but a monk and necro simply need a pulse and a computer to do so while mages need finesse. Necromancers that are experts will be able to even doin some raid and advanced group content without even the need for a healer merc as the swarm pet spells do not share cooldowns and each and every pet in the swarms gets an enraged ability to allow them to tank for a very long time each. Its kinda sad that the end game mage and necro classes are so badly mixed up by the devs. Necromancers can spawn 30+ pets and mages just beam and have a badass pet. Once a necromancer can cast 4 swarm spells their epic 2.5 means nothing too(but the newbs will still claim that crit chance is UBAH, even though 30+ swarm pets flurrying will out dps every time).
  3. Ultrazen Augur

Necros are never bad.
    Shaman are never bad.
    Mages are highly variable depending on expansion.
    Enchanters are highly variable depending on expansion.

Druids are surprisingly good through most expansions, and something that no one ever mentions. Can single pull outdoors with harmony, and later can insta camo. Snare, dots, nuke, port, heal. From classic to endgame, entirely possible to solo with a druid. Root rot, snare kite, fear kite animals etc etc, a ton of ways to do things.

TLDR: Necro, feign death >>>>>>>>> anything else.
  4. Psyran Journeyman

Okay great thanks for the advice. I made a Mage and will prolly do a druid or shaman for boxing purposes.
  5. Nickatropolis Augur

Shaman for boxing, druid for soloing. Though druids do get port and snare. IDK, tough call. I played a druid to level 70 years and years ago, fun class. Shaman's are more powerful though, in buffs and damage. Healing is about the same. Shaman's get canni/torpor which helps productivity a lot.