Best place to farm T2 gear

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Guzguuz, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Guzguuz New Member

Returning player,
    4 box setup,
    110 necro
    110 Headshot Ranger all archery AA's completed
    110 sham
    109 War 180k hp group buffed 3700 ac (he gets owned hard right now, but was rushed from lvl 97-109) Must be missing essential AA's will be researching that.
    Was grouped in FM for the past month, all T1 gear collected.

Looking for a place to gear up this group, they are all T1 geared, looking for a camp spot to Head shot some T2 mobs. all accounts have the membership and latest expansions. Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. Cadira Augur

Very little seems to be headshotable. The pof mobs in remodeling and delivery missions can be hs, and I think efreeti in mearatas (but not other zones?) Can be as well. The pof mobs themselves don't drop t2 armor as far as I know. Maybe a ultra rare if your luck is lottery level good.

If you find someone killing in mearatas (requires lots of progression) usually there's good chances at loot rotting all the time.

It's possible for you to find a couple missions you can pet tank with that set up until the warrior gets up to par. Contract of war maaaaybe if your pet can take some hits. Get the loot out of the end of some of the easier missions can be a good way to go.
  3. Buri Augur

Well, if you're talking EOK, Temple of Droga, Chardok, and Kor-sha Laboratory are Tier 2.
    I wouldn't recommend Kor-Sha unless you've done significant progression in the expansion, as the greenies will kill you. Droga has a lot of mobs, and the spiders see thru invis and insta-snare you. That leaves Chardok as the best option for tier 2 EOK.
  4. Monkman Augur

5. Guzguuz New Member

Thanks guys, I appreciate that, Chardok, here we go..
  6. lancelove Augur

Frontier Mountains is best for headshot, not Chardok. Go set up in the goblin area and own exp! Definately need to get that Warrior max aa BEFORE you try tanking in the new expansion with the stats you says he has atm! Trust me on the FM advice I've spent ALOT of time grinding in the EoK zones. Buy some exp pots, you really really need to get that tank above the AC he has and hps. Those trash mobs in the new expansion will annihilate a tank with those hps/ac. Best of Luck! PS...Dont worry about armor yet, if you grind aa for about 3-4 weeks in FM, by then ALOT of T2 grp armor will be rotting in Empyr. Then focus on getting that tank his visible Adamant tradeskill armor and all the Muhbis's he needs for it. Again, GOOD LUCK!
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

He's been in FM, and is done with T1 gear (per the OP). He specifically asked for a T2 spot (we're assuming in EoK).
    FawnTemplar likes this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Not sure where you are at but it sounds like you need to go shopping for conflagrant gear. That gear plus two healer mercs and you can start TBL progression, though there isnt much harm in doing eok and ros progression first
  9. Filter Augur

Don't do EoK. Buy some Conflag armor/gear for your team by selling a krono or three. This will get your gear so you can go to ROS Tier 2. You should focus on gearing your war first so he can take the beatings. Use a shield until he is able to have less inc dmg spikes and then switch to dual wielding. Heck I would actually just gear your war with Conflag gear from ROS that's player made in the baz or ask someone to make you a full set (visible and non-visble). Save the money and gear your crew on the camps in T2 ROS or TBL. TBL is a monster on most of the missions. If your war doesn't have raid gear, good luck with tanking in TBL progression missions, specifically the Smoke Trials ( I think thats what they were).
  10. Whulfgar Augur

Adamant Player made armor (sold in bazaar) is thee best grp game armor in the game today.

Why do you not just go that rout ?
  11. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Perhaps he doesn't have TBL? I think TBL is required to use it, correct?
  12. Whulfgar Augur

Valid point, with no way for me to check it out atm, as all 12 of my accounts have TBL. Can any one who reads this test that out an answer for us ?
  13. Natal Augur

The million plat price tags?
    Pirlo and Whulfgar like this.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

Valid point.
  15. Zhaunil_AB Augur

In order to make RoS T2 armor, last i checked you needed RoS T1 armors. And for RoS T1 armors you needed Selrach's, which is EoK T2.
    So your "don't do EoK" above does not hold up to reality the way you follow it up unless you strictly limit it to non-visible slots only.

If howeveer, he were in full RoS TS armors (andhave the necessary augs+AAs on his WAR which he does currently not according to his own statements), i would thin kit might be worth a TRY or two to do TBL Stratos for weeping and actually bypass all of the RoS/EoK once and for all.
    Key for that would imo be his WAR and SHM, but i doubt that he can beat many nameds with the setup he described. On the other hand, one would already perhaps be enough for a starting point.
    At current prices, i would not recommend buying TBL-TS stuff just now, it is way overpriced - but ofc ymmv there.

The use of a shield is sound advice of course, but at 3700AC with group buffs on (even if that figure does not already include a shield as it should) it wouldn't cut it either.
    Doing progression/nameds in EoK for both gear, progression-AAs AND augs is imo what he should do, by all means. In the long run any time spent on the WAR's gear is time well spent - imo.
  16. Zhaunil_AB Augur

At least for the visible slots, not much testing is required, really - only reading.
    Alla says cleearly enough that "Diminished Inhabited Muhbis" are a required ingredient, and those are no-drop items, from TBL of course. And when i look at EQTraders just for giggles, i see that the Diminished Inhabited Muhbis are used for at least this non-vis slot as well.

So yes: TBL TS stuff requires the account to have TBL enabled.
    Especially since there is no immediately wearable tradeable result in TBL, unlike in RoS.
  17. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I just looked and saw items with "muhbi" in the name listed in the Bazaar, and many of them could be clicked to make the final armor item. So, does that mean the step with NO DROP items from TBL have already been done? Or are we conflating the T1/T2 group gear and the TS gear?
  18. Nniki Augur

That's just the preview result. They are containers this expansion, unlike RoS where they were convertible items.

Augmentations require a Diminished Inhabited Muhbis.
    Armor requires a class emblem, a subsumption, and a Diminished Inhabited Muhbis.

Combine that stuff inside and you get the result.
  19. Nniki Augur

T1 Group = Weeping Undefeated Heaven
    T2 Group = Battleworn Stalwart Moon
    TS Group = Adamant Triumphant Cloud
    T1 Raid = Veiled Victorious Horizon
    TS Raid = Heavenly Glorious Void
    Whulfgar and Pirlo like this.
  20. svann Augur

He would need to be capable of doing TBL names and missions to get the muhbis to go in it.