Best merc for a mage

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Hoppkins Wytchfinder, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Hoppkins Wytchfinder New Member

Just wondering peoples opinions on the best merc to level up as a solo buddy for a mage.

Im assuming either tank/healer

My mage is early 20's.

Also what content if stupidly daring and supported by some "twink" gear would be possible. E.g. boss fights for kicks.
  2. fransisco Augur

In low lvls, nothing beats tank mercs. They are completely overpowered until mid 50s. Kill 4 red mobs without even losing life.

After that point, mage pet will be better than tank mercs forever more. Once there, get a cleric merc. Any merc that melees (Tank or melee dps) will take damage and are not worth it
  3. silku Augur

I agree. You simply get a tank merc, and send in your pet. You can get all the way to 70 like that, at which point it's time to get a cleric merc out and start working on pet focus etc.
  4. Raymond Lorekeeper

Just wondering peoples opinions on the best merc to level up as a solo buddy for a mage.

Im assuming either tank/healer

Tank until he can't fight mobs without needing heals. Then your pet will tank until lv 100 with a healer.

My mage is early 20's.

Find a Mage who can summon the lv 86 pet armor it will make your pet a monster.

Also what content if stupidly daring and supported by some "twink" gear would be possible. E.g. boss fights for kicks.

Because you have a tank (pet) healer (merc) and DPS (you) you can defeat any named in the game at the appropriate level. The key to this though is to keep one piece of equipment up to date at all times. Your pet focus.