Best Forum to Discuss Wizard Tactics?

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Mythrill/Mythavatar, May 14, 2013.

1. Mythrill/Mythavatar New Member

I have changed my 'burn' setup quite significantly with the release of the Reign/Shadows of Fear expansions and would like a forum to discuss this openly with my fellow Wizards without the fear of other classes (or the developers) coming along and saying: "Wizards should not be able to do that - nerf them now!" In the past I would have used Graffe's for this -- but it is not what it once was -- so I was wondering which forum the Wizard community currently regards as being the best to use for discussing overall tactics, such as spell weaves and AA burn combinations?
  2. silku Augur

After today's patch the tactics may change again. Looks like wizards are getting a little bit of a nerf (more mana use, longer cast times). Not a fan of the give it out after testing, then nerf it when others are jealous method of balance.
  3. Nylrem Augur

The take back after give always stinks. I can't believe they didn't know exactly what it was going to do for the wizard though, I know Beim could have/did predict exactly what it would do for wizard dps... no idea why devs couldn't.

36 second recast on weave is definitely going to put a dent in the dps, for sure. Not sure how much mana cost increase is going in either, but, ya, ouch.
  4. Gragas Augur

5. Gragas Augur

6. Slasher Augur

I doubt much if it creates a problem in raids you can just have a cleric give you 30k mana. I'm sure most raids have more then enough clerics. + mod rods etc. They should of just left it alone.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

8. Reht The Dude abides...

Oh this is hilarious.....and totally inaccurate
  9. Falos Augur

None of the rangers have replied to this thread yet because they are all out shopping for pitch forks.
  10. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

I couldn't find any pitchforks, unfortunately :(
  11. Gladare Augur

Made me giggle. No point in debating the validity of the statement.
  12. Tinyfeet Elder

".....as the melee dps continue wondering why they're still only doing half the dps of a decent wiz."

fixed
  13. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Simple:
    I know exactly how spell damage works and use 100% accurate mathematical models to estimate it.
    They guess.

Ethereal Weave adds a very minor dps boost. Incredibly minor. People don't know how to average. Yes, it does a great deal of damage when the stars and planets align and it is a blue moon on a Tuesday and you are wearing your lucky shirt and find a penny (heads up) on the ground. More often it just wastes mana.

All those melee that like to accuse us/me of pointing at "optimal" parses that are unrealistic in the long run did the exactly the same thing with Ethereal Weave. In the average long run its about a 4% overall dps increase, and that is being generous.
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

15. 1andOnly Journeyman

I still keep weave memmed, since I enjoy how often using the claw nukes refresh this spell as well as harvest spell. When this happens a few times on a fight, weave is more than a marginal increase of dps. :D