Best +DMG aug on Phinny?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zadune, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Zadune Journeyman

What's the best one available right now (preferably group-obtainable) for a Zerker? I see some 4 DMG two-hander augs in LDON in the 1400 point range, which would take a while to get but I'll go for it if it's the best thing available.

Also, what about OoW? Any particular +DMG aug I should think about there?
  2. Glowerss Augur

The best augs are primarily raid orientated right now. It also depends on your delay.

There's a 5 dmg aug for 2handers with a delay higher than 36 from an LDoN raid. There's also a 4 dmg 1 fire dmg 2hander aug with no delay requirements from the Syncarna raid.

Double check the socket requirements on those group LDoN augs for points. I believe those are only for LDoN weapon types. (Type 2 or some shizz).

Otherwise, Tunat drops the best augs in the game currently.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

What Glowerss said.

All the +dmg augs are either Type 5 (LDoN vendor weapons which generally suck) or Type 8 (raid weapons). The Type 8 augs require you to raid to get them and come from pretty specific sources.

Group obtainable options are mostly limited to the type 7/8 proc augs from LDoN camps with a couple appearing in GoD.

OoW gives groupers access to a +4 Fire DMG aug which is fine as long as the mob you are fighting doesn't have high fire resist. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=31999 . It's also common as dirt in a pretty highly camped area so getting it isn't hard. You will still need access to a Type 8 weapon to use it though, but that is a bit easier in OoW since the MPG trial group gear is type 8.
  4. Zadune Journeyman

Hmm... that's a lot of bad news for the moment. I'm using a Reaver (Type 4 slot) and even the Zerker 1.0 only has a Type 4 slot. Looks like I won't be able to get Type 7/8 slots until much later on as it is. It was worth looking into, at least. I'll revisit this later. Thanks for the input.
  5. malaki Augur

The type 4 slot is the weapon equivalent of the type 7. When they added type 8 for whatever reason they swapped weapons to type 8 also, which was nice for casters.
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Yeah that was my bad. The type 7 proc augs from LDoN camps from weapons are = Type 4