best 6 box combo to do all content through all expansions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by pinco, Mar 16, 2015.

1. pinco Lorekeeper

I will like to 6 box due to my working hours and being on call so what classes combo do i need ,require slow tank snare manaregen.
  2. Healiez Augur

Bard cleric druid Mage chanter warrior.

Hard pressed to find a more solid 6 box than that
  3. Bazzarac Lorekeeper

Cleric,heals (well duh)
    chanter,manaregen, haste, mezz, tash, charm if you are brave, eliminates the need for a puller
    warrior/SK/pally,
    mage,modrods, malo, damage shield, call of the hero.
    wizzy, dps, evac, snare, stun, ports

last one is a wildcard, fill up with whatever you feel your group is missing.
    If you went SK for tank i would go with a backuphealer, druid. because knights or soft compared to warrs.

If you went pally for tank i would go with a high dps, wizzy/mage to offset the low dps of the pally, and make use of the fact that he can heal to make up for his own softness

if you went warr for tank, bard is an option, but you could also go balls to the wall for dps, in that case throw in a another wizard.

An unortodox choice would be a beastlord or ranger, but not completely mad, a beastlord would make good use of the haste and manaregen from the chanter, he would buff mana regen of the rest of the group (slightly), throw out some buffs for the tank, and all around be good dps, hard to box with a 6 box i found, melees tend to be tricky.

Ranger for the wildcard is also good, again, makes us of manaregen and haste. Gives you single target snare, a rampage tank (no snickering out there, rangers are not that bad for ramptanking)SOE/SOW, call of the rathe line AC/DS buff for tank, and their dps isn't bad, even when they run out of mana.

one thing to consider when you 6 box, is the stress lvl, if you are 6 boxing 5 melees and a cleric i predict you will burn out badly, on the other hand a cleric, a tank 3 casters and a melee isn't too bad.

Bazz
    Masta Slacka
  4. yellowzombie Elder

Somewhere in the world, Brad McQuaid's single tear rolls down his cheek.
    Dramatime and syko187 like this.
  5. Merry Elder

Back in 2000 i played Warrior, Cleric, Enchanter, Druid, Mage and Shaman.
    (It just happened, didn't really "think" while setting it up as it were chars that i made just for the heck of playing em and then ended up 6 boxing em).

So i can agree with Healiez pretty much, Bard seems to be a fantastic choice over the Shaman i had considering the overall setup as well.
  6. syko187 Elder

Wasn't it his dream to make an awesome single player online game?
  7. Bazzarac Lorekeeper

I do suppose it could bring a tear to his eye that this many years later people are still useing and loveing his creation, to the point where they theory craft over it, and pay upwards of 90 dollar a month for it, 16 years man, if only other things in this world lasted this long, i have had diff 5 cars, worn out god knows how many shoes ect ect. Not even the boxing hate tread on this forum has gone on for that long, though it feels like it if you read it all.

Bazz
    Masta Slacka.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  8. Triconix Augur

5 cars in 16 years? You must lease.
  9. Bazzarac Lorekeeper

nope, just buy some old junk that can pass MOT's drive em for a few years and junk em when it gets to expencive to fix, have had some goodies over the years. Volvo 142 B20-S for instance, used more motoroil than gas....... wich is saying something.
  10. Healiez Augur

Also depnds on what you want to do... Do you just want something to exp group with. Do you want to push it and try to kill current era minibosses or harder named mobs??

Me and my brothers team is the latter, wants to be able to group but we love trying to kill easier in erA bosses or one expansion old raid targets..

So
    Warrior- defensive is that good, we found this to be a requirement, especially when going for the nastier targets
    Cleric- a must have, you need the crazy strong heals
    Chanter- charm is amazing, mind candy and mez when things get tough. It also takes stress off the puller from having to single pull
    Bard- best puller in the game, amazing utility, great group dps boost
    Druid- ports, backup heals and can dps if the cleric has the solo healing. Not to mention gives the group access to skin
    Mage- we found the Mage to just be an all around amazing last member of the team. Great sustained dps, and coth!!! Coth is a box teams best friend, starting to wipe, coth the cleric, hard trains moba away and fades and the Mage cioths the group to the camp!!

This team is able to box most 1.5's in era
  11. Gremin Augur

I played a War/CLR/BRD/Ranger/Mage/Wizard on Vulak and loved it.
  12. Unheard New Member

So I keep going back and forth and I would appreciate some feedback on these two options.

First is War clr dru brd nec mag. Should be good all around.

Second is war clr shm brd rng mag. If bst is available i will replace rng with bst.

Thoughts?
  13. Machen New Member

Unheard, you need slows.

War clr shm bard is a solid beginning to whatever else you might do. Just add two dps (pickup or alts) and you are golden no matter what other classes you might bring to the table. Any content, any expansion from classic to current live.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  14. Zinth Augur

well for 6box sorta hardcore I would go
    Warrior (tank)
    Cleric (heal/erez/buff)
    Chanter (ya need MANA/mez/charm if crazy/pull if crazy you will see later)
    Wizard (dps/ports/more dps)
    Mage (dps/ds/dps/pet)
    Bard (jukebox/ultimate puller later on/mana/dps and much else boost)

I was thinking about an alternative Holy Trinity for this go round and would like some thoughts on it...

Paladin (tank/buff/rez)
    Druid (heal/buff/ds/ports)
    Chanter (the usual but you can snare the charmed with the druid/mana/haste)

Thoughts?

I know Paladin dps suxxors until SU but I always loved paladins, I made one back in the day and did the Ghoulbane quest (ldon just went live not long after) and I made one to box much laters which I got to lvl 74ish and had a blast with. Fairly sturdy tank without being as rough as a warrior, but gives so much more utility.

The druid is worse heals then the cleric and less rez too with max of 90% on paladin eventually, but you get snare for the charm pet + ds/regen/sow/ports

The chanter we all know is uber but not many can play them well... I have made several over the years and even raided with one, soloed with one at various levels up until SoF made it trivial to charm with banish.
  15. Tyche Elder

Bard cleric druid wizard chanter warrior.

That's the only change I would make but it comes down to playstyle and preference of mage vs wiz. I feel the wiz has a bit more to offer a group I like (I like to have 2 evac / porters and heavy dps in later expansions). But I think either would be an unstoppable group.
  16. Haldar Journeyman

Warrior, Cleric, Druid, Enchanter, Wizard, Mage. I boxed this on Live and TLP.

You will probably want CoTH with a 6 box team. Mage is good dps and also a backup tank if the war goes down or gets charmed/mezzed. If it weren't for CoTH and the pet I'd just use another wizard.

The druid is great for debuffing. Once slows start getting mitigated druid debuffs + enchanter cripple line are more useful than slow. Also, the druid debuffs a lot of fire resist for the wizard and mage. Later in the game they have some useful burn abilities to help out the other casters.

Depending on how you like to pull you can do it with the enchanter or just bring everything with the warrior.

I used to run a bard instead of the druid. The bard died a lot. I personally don't like to box melee(aside from the tank). It's much simpler to have a bunch of casters backing you up from a small distance.
  17. Crystilla Augur

One question I would have for you - is there a reason you want to run all 6 characters? I know this is posted in the TLP server but SoD is open so there are mercenaries you can use if you're just starting out in Fippy or Vulak.
  18. Unheard New Member

For me, it is in preparation for the new prog server
  19. Bazzarac Lorekeeper

6 chars is an exp bonus, and you don't get the bonus if the slot is taken by a merc
  20. Ultrazen Augur

For big box groups, you want as many characters as you can to be able to run on sequence macros and with no other fiddling. For that reason, as many casters as you can get.

1. Tank: Warrior by a mile. The have the best 'afk' agro, and just take a lot less micro management than SK or Palie, who need to be much more key active to do the same job.

2. Cleric: Just gotta have one

3. Chanter: Bards are awesome, but chanters hard and long lasting CC is much better as a box character on a big team, it's also going to mesh better with the rest of the team.

4. Mage. Off tank, CoH. I'd put a mage on the team if it never did anything but CoH, it's huge for a big box team.

5. Wiz. Best DPS for the least involvement of any class in the game.

6. Druid. Backup heals, another insta evac, and a huge damage boost to your mage and wiz. Skin to plant, black wolf, + wiz and mage fire nukes = insane DPS. The druid also brings it's own very decent DPS as you'll usually be using the cleric for all healing.

This is easily the least amount of work, for the most return that you can put together on a box team. Can harmony pull with the druid outside, or just pull with the chanter full time. Once the tank is on the mob, *all* of the other box toons are single button press sequence macros.

I've run mage/wiz/chanter/druid as a 4 box with tank and healer merc, and can testify to it's ease of use and effectiveness.