[Bertox] Open Plat Raid

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by FranktheBank, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Bigstomp Augur

Grats. The idea of plat is an interesting idea (we use /rand generally).
    Glad it worked out for you.
  2. FranktheBank Augur

Yeah /rand is good. I just want a reason to incentivize people who don't need the gear to show up.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

Our general rules are /rand, but you can drop the item on whatever alt you like if you win. So bring your badass toon, and give the loot to your alt.
  4. FrozenWater Augur

It was the same for this raid (see here).
    Bigstomp likes this.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

We are on for Monday, May 10th!
  6. FranktheBank Augur

Today! about 4 hours from now! Hope you are ready
  7. Gorgasm Journeyman

Thanks to everyone who came out again tonight! A total of around ~40 mains throughout the night depending on the fight as people came/left. 146.8 million plat was spent, and anyone who was there for the entire raid ended up earning just over 3.5 million plat each.
    FranktheBank likes this.
  8. FranktheBank Augur

Last night was great! We went a bit late, but we got AoW down in addition to everything else previous. Thanks everyone for coming out!
  9. FranktheBank Augur

We on again for 5/24 (Tomorrow) - 8:30 ET!
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Plat raids are great, and they are an OLD idea, heck I was participating in plat raids on a live server even before the TLP existed.

The ones on Phinigel (mostly run by LoTA / some by Darkwind & several others) were a lot of fun.

Also they can be a fantastic recruitment tool for your guild - getting people into raids that maybe normally don't and them getting to know your crew. And if not recruiting they are still a good community activity and fun.

I used to go half the time to spend and gear up an alt, the other half to make some plat just helping.

If you think they are some evil disease, well don't go, nobody is forcing you to put a dent in your halo, but I think if you gave it a chance you might even have fun and not actually need any antibiotics, so you get paid in plat not DKP, gotta be a carrot somewhere.
  11. Gorgasm Journeyman

Thanks again to everyone who came out again :) Another 146m spent, and anyone who was there the whole time got just north of 3.1m.
    Ozon and Skuz like this.
  12. Sprooce Lorekeeper

These sound awesome to me, I'd love to go to one. *thumbs up*
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Slasher Augur

I think people don't see how much benefit these kinds of raids give. #1 they expose players to content/gear they would otherwise not do or get and you do get recruits from it because once you get a few pieces of better gear you want more or maybe you actually liked raiding just don't put them through Kael you will scare them off forever. :rolleyes:
    Skuz likes this.
  14. FranktheBank Augur

Kael is actually our biggest money making event.

Next raid on Monday, June 7th.
  15. FranktheBank Augur

Had another great night - 2.7m for everyone that attended full raid. 2.1m for those that dropped due to EW1 lockouts.

Less Faceless and more new folks from outside the guild in attendance, which is great to see. Thanks for coming!
    Ozon likes this.
  16. FranktheBank Augur

We up tonight! 6/21. About 18 hours from now!