berserker SPECIFIC weapons...

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Cobaxii, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Cobaxii New Member

so every expansion i see come out, i see rogues; get their weapons, pal/sk always get a special wep (typically 2handers) rangers always get their bows. etc etc... but what about berserkers? being as berserkers can only use 2 hand weps why would we get at least 1 class specific raid wep per expansion.. seems to me like either the devs hate zerkers, or they are just on their way back to being useless in the next couple expansions
  2. Minato Augur

Firstly the devs bow down to zerks seeing as they are the most op class and the balance has never been this far off in the history of the game.

Usually when you see an 2 handed axe that would be the zerk weapon its just always usable by other classes also. Only reason knights get their own weapon is the incredibly high dmg but slow delay they aren't meant to dps with them but riposte isnt effected by delay so its still a good dps choice for them when tanking. And rogues get class only items cause who wants to be forced to find a mobs backside? gotta throw them a bone
  3. mackal Augur

But they're not even axes this expansion :p
    Minato likes this.
  4. Maedhros High King

While in theory most people would have no problem with a bers only weapon, youre going to have a difficult time drumming up any support being that the berserkers are the overwhelming top dps in EQ right now. Its not even close.
    I dont understand what benefit you would get from a berserker only weapon except a small bump on the class only charms.
    Say for example there was a carbon copy of Scar or Taralgon that said Bers only, that would just end up being another pain in the rot loot like Grittooth and Claw after the 2 or 3 Bers in a guild plus the handful of flavor of the month alts got it.
    At least Scar is useful to a ton of classes.
    I can see no justification whatsoever for a Bers only weapon that was BETTER than Scar or Taralgon, so it seems pretty silly to even ask for this.
  5. fransisco Augur

Single class weapons are awful. You know that feeling in a group when you get a drop it is a monk or knight only weapon.... again.....
    I feel like weapons restricted to 1 or 2 classes kind of pollute the drop tables. We need less of them, not more.
  6. Brohg Augur

It would be neat to go outside the drop tables, maybe. A class-ifying one slot combine container on the raid merchant, for normal item cost, that would convert one of the expansion's regular 2h into A Big Axe, with similar stats/ratio except with a custom proc. Rangers get range attack proc on their bow, which is cool. A Frenzy skill attack proc on Ber-ified 2h?

Ranger's custom bow should probably be the same. A combine container on the raid merchant to convert the all-classes bow to Ranger Special.

Ditto war & knight 1h, rog piercer, mnk 2h?

Loot & use the all-classes version, or pay a bit of currency to get the class special.

Just spitballin'.
    Kallitank and fransisco like this.
  7. p2aa Augur

It could be a problem if it was hard for zerkers to get access to these raid 2H weapons.
    In all the guilds I have done, I have seen people having the courtesy to not bid higher than a zerker when 2H weapon drop. If people are outbidding you on 2H weapons when you need one, change of guild.
  8. fransisco Augur

thats an awesome idea Brohg
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

While I like the idea of doing class specifics that way ish, honestly, I think Knights already got it this expansion with the delicious 7200 rune proc. So leave us out of this one prs ^ . ^
  10. Triconix Augur

Create another class only weapon so that the item rots even quicker and further ruining loot tables from raids? No thanks.

Weapons already drop so often and rot so quickly that it's pointless to give class only weapons now. What benefit would one get from a class only weapon? Slightly different stats and maybe a mod or two? It's not worth losing an item in chest for, especially for a class with a smaller population such as zerkers.

I don't even like my own class-only weapon. The procs have been garbage on them for years. The ratios of them suck and the stats are barely different.
    fransisco likes this.
  11. Tvarian Augur

I'd love to see some more class specific weapons. I don't see why they just can't mirror the way armor drops are done, where you click on the item and it turns into your class weapon. That way everyone can bid on the drops (less rots). Could even have a choice of weapon based upon kind/type (blade or axe for slash, pierce & blunt), kind of like the spell drops do.
  12. roth Augur

I do not really see a need for more class-specific weapons. But, I would love to see a return to the GoD model where Berserkers could use Knight 2h weapons, as well as the general use 2h weapons. Realistically speaking, Berserkers should be on all 2h weapons (even Monk/Beastlord ones) that are not specific to only one class.

That said, class-specific weapons can serve a purpose. Ever notice that the Ranger-Only bow is weaker stat-wise and ratio-wise than the non-Ranger bow? Dev said do not trust Rangers with the full strength bows, so they give them slightly weaker ones.
  13. Brohg Augur

Grace 222/25 versus
    Arc 222/25?

Imperial Messenger 185/23 = 8.04(and change) versus
    Poignant Pestulator 201/25 = 8.04?
  14. Minato Augur

Ever see a character break a game? =P
  15. roth Augur

Then that's changed, and there is no longer any reason to have Ranger-specific bows.
  16. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

I can see the appeal of class specific weapons. They can be exclusive, above average, and memorable, all of which are pretty awesome. The bad part is, no one likes watching class items rot and waiting for theirs to drop. In GoD we had many class items, virtually the most memorable thing about Tacvi to me is how many class weapons would rot every week. Not that weapons don't rot early on in the current system - they are usually the most important item for every class, and warrant being the first purchase made with currency.

I think if we have class specific items, it really should be all or nothing - it's not really fair for certain classes to get a special, good weapon for their class without other classes (read: less deserving) competing for the same item. There used to be no knight specific weapons, but the argument was made that knights lose melee DPS due to casting spells frequently - so they made weapons with a high delay and higher base damage to compensate (amazing for tanking and swarming). After that, warriors wanted in on the deal. Much before that, there were cleric only hammers. Soon enough DRU/SHM were added, and in accommodating the other priests, the effect became undesirable to clerics. Then we have MNK/BST weapons, probably the #1 most frequently rotting item in EQ. :p

Even if we all have class items, if certain classes get something really good, and others not as good, it causes a lot of upset. For example, the RoF class items.

I think it would be better to design a few special items that many classes can use, that cover all the bases, so there's something really desirable for everyone. In EoK this would be the rewards for Ancients. It reduces the extra work of designing class only items for so many classes every expansion that are mostly redundant, and also gives players something to look forward to.

For future weapons, I'd rather see more classes on every item with more of a variety in weapon choice for everyone, rather than less -
    - priest/int 2h & 1h with damage proc
    - priest/int 2h & 1h with heal/beneficial proc
    - tank & melee fast 1h, same ratio
    - tank & melee slow 1h, same ratio
    - dmg, lifetap, rune proc for each
    - tank & melee 2h, medium delay? dmg proc
    - 1 bow, they are almost exactly the same. Non-RNG are not doing any measurable DPS with bows lol
    - What about h2h for all melee? 8)
    = 13 weapons total

Current weapons:
    - priest 1h & 2h with dmg proc, neither of which benefit clerics (unless they nuke)
    - caster 1h with mana proc which rots constantly
    - caster 2h with dmg proc
    - melee 1h
    - dmg proc, bad dmg proc #1, bad dmg proc #2, lifetap, bad dmg proc #3, bad dmg proc #4, heal proc (all of which rot constantly except 1st one)
    - knight 1h, rune proc
    - knight 2h, lifetap proc
    - war 1h, aggro proc
    - rogue dagger with exactly 1 extra BS damage (rots constantly)
    - melee 2hs, slightly worse (aka rotting) melee 2hs
    - melee 2hb (also rots)
    - mnk/bst h2h, 2hb (grats rot)
    - ranger bow with special proc, melee bow
    = 22 weapons total
  17. segap Augur

Yay, Ngreth for whatever reasons decided to ruin the sole purpose of us rogues having a class weapon -- lower delay. This expansion went from looking forward to getting the new class weapon to not giving two craps when it dropped.

Also, if you want to look at items to rot, charms with stupid criteria to fully power them up. There's no reason to keep trying to be creative on these. Seriously, just give us the progression one and have it start at the standard full class gear stats everyone has anyhow and give people a small little bonus for completing progression.
  18. Minato Augur

Monks also got hit with this was hopeful on beta it was an over sight but alas its still 25 delay and not 23 (still a better ratio tho just kinda funky to change it)
  19. segap Augur

On my parsing the better ratio works in some situations. In others, the 18 delay TBM is better as primary as more hits gives more overall damage than the better ratio makes up for. Now need to bandolier to maximize dps. The added +1 backstab on the rogue only dagger also appears to do little as max backstabs without burn mods are capped and TDS weapons hit that cap. So for those that argue melee have an advantage in non-level increase expansions, it's more complicated than just giving us better weapons.
  20. Minato Augur

I hear ya man having done many parses myself i bandolier between 2hb and duel wield under different circumstances also. its tedious to say the least lol