Berserker New AA's...

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Eshtoma, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Eshtoma Lorekeeper

Anyone else feel we got shafted on the new aa's compared to rogue?
    - 3 more ranks of rogue's fury for rogues...
    - another massive strike rank
    - piercing proficiency out the etc.

I mean , my rogue buddy already has 10-15k more dps than me sustained, and now his sustained and burns got a huge upgrade.

But we got 3 more ranks of Hastened Resilience, so we got that going for us...
  2. Fenudir Augur

"shafted" isn't the word I would use. The word I would use would get me banned from the forums.

The increase in DPS from AAs is barely even parsable and the discs that we got are near the biggest joke going. I think that the only people scratching their heads more than us is chanters at their new pet buff.
  3. Eshtoma Lorekeeper

Pre patch it was nice, since in raids the rogues and berserkers were usually fighting back and forth for dps.(Zerkers winning in the burn and rogues catching up with sustained) Unfortunately now, with the gap in burn decreased and the gap between sustained increasing, there will be no competition between the two classes unless somehow the stars align. Now we must endure and wait for what will feel like eternity for the next patch of AA's that may or may not give us a HHE proc or make us more independent without support. Things we have been asking for since the beginning.
  4. Tearsin Rain Augur

apparently you didn't see the SK list...
    Fenudir likes this.
  5. Brogett Augur

Berserkers do indeed need more sustained IMO. They're probably still the king of burst though, but time will tell.

Rogs clearly needed a boost in order to be able to match the monks which were slightly ahead of us on both burn if they got a good kick synergy going between them, and on sustained too, while also having zero negative effects and being the meatiest of the 3 melee dps classes. Whether it was as much as we got I have no idea yet as I haven't raided with the new AAs.

The only real conclusion is that this is just a pendulum thing. If you spend a couple years being the weaker dps then it swings and then spend a couple years as the strongest dps, knowing that in time it'll swing once again. It's always been thus in EQ :/
  6. Norathorr Augur

Yet again an utterly useless offering. The vehement rage upgrade shows they have little understanding of current class mechanics when equating battle stomp. The defense stance style thing would never be used on raids if it hampers our dps, thus not solving our overarching mitigation issues. It may help moloing which is a plus. We have crap sustained dps we have crap innate mitigation we have crap burn dps unless stacked with three support classes. Why can't they just admit they have no clue what they are doing and actually listen to people who have played the class for a long time and actually believe them when they say they are not enjoying the 'fun' mechanics of this class. The current berserker model is simply put utter garbage and I feel the entire berserker player base is owed an apology for the clueless crap sandwich we have been served.
    Fenudir likes this.
  7. Fenudir Augur

I seriously doubt that this is by design. As a professor in mathematics of mine used to say "Even a blindfolded monkey throwing darts occasionally hits the dartboard".
  8. Fenudir Augur

I wouldn't say that they don't have a clue exactly. I'm the first to say that the senior devs know the code mechanics of the game far better than any of us ever will. I would say that they don't have the slightest clue on how to actually play the game. Put them in front of a computer with EQ running, have them log in a zerker and then say "Go ahead. Top the parse." they'd be lucky to beat out the enchanters.

As far as listening to us goes, they have a long history of doing near the opposite of what the player base clearly sees as a problem (anyone remember the third necro dot snafu?). We've asked for three things clearly and consistently (in no particular order);
    1) Greater sustained dps to at least put us on par with the other pure melee dps classes.
    2) Less reliance on adps/support class for dps which, in turn, would probably fix #1 (I don't think anyone will deny that we are the most adps reliant class in the game).
    3) Removal of the root and blind mechanics that no other class in the game has to deal with. Even warriors got rid of their defensive root a decade ago! We're past due.

Maybe we should start asking for tanking abilities, mezzes, and castable buffs. Reverse psychology! We wouldn't get any of it and maybe we'll actually get what we need.
    Dropfast and Norathorr like this.
  9. Hanelce New Member

Or the beastlord list...

2 New spells, a Pet Proc Snare (we already got an AA for that which was last updated in SoD) and a pet unity buff that doesn't stack with the pet proc snare.

Also, one of the AA's we did get that is a minor help - Hasten Claws, doesn't even work until the July Update, on our Focused version.
  10. Slasher Augur

This is why they don't listen. People like you saying you lose to rogue by 10-15k in sustained. You're either not using your disc right or you do not have a bard/bst.
  11. Norathorr Augur

Aye knowing how to code is one thing, but part of their job when designing abilities should be to understand how a class plays in real situations. If that were the case we would not be accused of being outrageous when asking for thing like vehement rage to be upgraded to be higher than battle stomp. They clearly do not know what current abilities do then profess to preach to us when they mess up. If they had ever had to play a melee in a raid or even a group they would not add abilities with self root then refuse to apologise and amend their shite ideas. I wonder if highlighting these constant mistakes and arrogant retorts to our concerns to someone higher up might be a good idea. I know they are understaffed, but that by no means excuses a lack of knowledge in their supposed areas of game expertise. I don't know how mmo design works, but in my industry if you repeatedly screw up and do nothing to make up for your short comings you won't last long. If this is the standard of design and response to feedback we can expect, they may as we'll pull the plug before the game falls into further disgrace.
    Fenudir and Dropfast like this.