Berserker IRC Chat

Discussion in 'Melee' started by FatbukSlapmeat, Dec 18, 2012.

1. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

<Fatbuk> Berserker - Reckless Abandon is currently on an 18 min recast timer. We got the last Hastened AAs for it in Underfoot. Any chance of more Hastened Ranks?
    <@Elidroth> Fatbuk - I'd do 3 more ranks of Hastened Abandon, but that'll be the end of that line

<Fatbuk> Berserker - Reckless Abandon - Is there any chance that you could take a look at Reckless Abandon's 2nd recourse? Would it be possible to add ranks to the line to increase the chances of the Reckless Abandon Chance I going off over Reckless Abandon Chance II? As it stands now its a 50/50 chance. Reckless Abandon Chance II is a 15k self nuke if not cured with no dps benefit. Most other "chance" type abilities are wieghted in favor of the positive benefit.
    <@Elidroth> ah.. I see what you're saying.. I agree that seems a bit strange
    <@Elidroth> I'll weight it more towards the benefit and less towards the penalty

<Fatbuk> Berserker - Juggernaut Surge - any chance to boost the Increase Critial Hit Damage line and the Hit Damage Bonus. The reasoning is that the current Hit Damage Bonus is negated by the higher one on our Reflected Viciousness and the current Critical Hit Damage increase is eclipsed by things like Prohphets Gift of Ruchu which the whole group gets as opposed to the self-only Jugg Surge. If you aren't looking to increase its power, would you be open to increasing the duration and allowing it to be extended to make it more of a sutained dps ability?
    <@Elidroth> Fatbuk - I can look at Juggernaut Surge.. I'm not sure how much of an upgrade it needs right now though. Burst damage is not something you need

<Fatbuk> Berserker - Blinding Fury - Any chance to get an upgrade to this without the Blind, but lessens our Mitigation?
    <@Elidroth> Fatbuk - again.. I don't think more burst is a good idea.
    <Fatbuk> it's something we already have
    <Fatbuk> we just want to use it
    <@Elidroth> so use it
    <Rorce_Failboat_Captain> it's nearly impossible to use it on moving targets, which is 99% of EQ
    <@Elidroth> I'll think about it

<Rorce_Failboat_Captain> Berserkers - How about an AA line similar to "Frenzied Volley" that works on our Axe of Rallos discipline line?
    <@Elidroth> I can do a Frenzied Axe type ability, but the trigger percentages will be fairly low

<Synyster> Berserker - Staff Block, any chance of a version of this that is blunt only? I feel like berserker mitigation is severely lacking. Our survivability has dropped from VoA to RoF even with gear upgrades.
    <@Elidroth> Mitigation isn't the Berserkers thing

<Fatbuk> Berserker - New AA - Would it be possible to get an AA to reduce the amount of damage taken by damage shields?
    <@Elidroth> hmm
    <jerus-work> that sounds cool actually, just a fyi to eli, all DW classes have an aa that allows no damage from secondary on DS
    <jerus-work> giving them an option to avoid a lot of it
    <Fatbuk> yeah
    <@Elidroth> the only effect I have that can do that only works on offhand weapons
    <jerus-work> doh
    <Fatbuk> I know you want to stay away from activated stuff, but if you can't mitigate the DS, could we maybe get an AA Vie/Rune thing to mitigate DS then?

<Synyster> is there anything you could possibly do to help zerker mitigation/survivability other than more ranks of Uncanny Resilience
    <@Elidroth> Mitigation isn't the Berserkers thing

<Synyster> Berserker - since mitigation is not our "thing" Any chance of getting more ranks of Empowered Ingenuity? it hasnt been upgraded since Seeds of Destruction
    <@Elidroth> it won't be upgraded again.. like ever
    <@Elidroth> it's not a berserker thing.. that ability is just plain bad

<Gragas> more ranks of physical enhancement zerker
    <@Elidroth> Physical Enhancement could be upgraded

<Rorce_Failboat_Captain> Berserkers - Any chance of a new AA to get rid of, or possibly reduce the chance of the stun associated with Self Preservation AA?
    <@Elidroth> I can make an upgrade to it that reduces the stun but I can't simply change the stun value via another aa

<Synyster> Zerkers- any chance to more ranks of tactical mastery as gragas asked earlier ?
    <@Elidroth> not saying no to more Tactical Mastery, but I need to talk to code about how that effect actually works
    <@Elidroth> get a better understanding of what the data in means to the data out
    <@Elidroth> if that makes sense

<Fatbuk> Berserker - Battle Leap - Possible to get a "Battle Stomp" that would be a Battle Leap without the Leap ability
    <@Elidroth> Fatbuk - That's doable..

<Rorce_Failboat_Captain> Berserkers - Can we get a version of the Imbued Ferocity AA line that Rangers have? (Thanks Bards for this idea!)
    <@Elidroth> one sec Rorce
    <Rorce_Failboat_Captain> yes sir
    <@Elidroth> I can do it.. but that again goes into the burst category.. something you guys are quite good at already
    <Rorce_Failboat_Captain> its just procs tho, nothing big imo
    <tonzofo> That ability only effects weapon procs or does it actually effect spell procs also?
    <Rorce_Failboat_Captain> charge us 50 AA per rank at 3 ranks [IMG]
    <@Elidroth> it causes you to proc every swing
    <Shang> It does not, Elidroth. It is ONLY attached to the first proc listed on the weapon. It does not affect the 2nd proc (if there is one) nor does it affect buff procs.
    <Darrkin_Bard> he's afk atm Shang
    <Shang> He'll read it when he's back, I'm not worried.
    <Jyve> yeah, just the first innate proc thing
    <Jyve> it's a great AA, really should be an archetype aa for all melee I'd hope
    <Rorce_Failboat_Captain> it would be even less dps for zerkers, since we have slow 2 handers
    <Jyve> with a bit of flavour for each class maybe. the zerker one, debuff procs (maybe), warrior one, extra aggro.
    <Jyve> ah, good point
    <Shang> It's good for getting slow quickly =p
    <Gallowman> warrior have one i think
    <Shang> Rage of Rallos Zek, yes
    <tonzofo> ya
    <Gallowman> but theres just dosn't come with the aggro lowring buff all those procs are alot of aggro
    <tonzofo> It would add about 600-670 dps over 60s assuming 12s duration and a 600 damage proc on weapon
    <@Elidroth> back
    <Synyster> wb
    <jerus-work> wb
    <Gallowman> wb
    <Darrkin_Bard> Wb
    <@Elidroth> Yeah.. well.. when you have procs attached, the system runs through and checks each one in turn to see if it should proc..
    <@Elidroth> so when it's set to 100% proc, then the 1st one always procs, so it stops checking
    <Shang> Correct.
    <jerus-work> could potentially lower dps if you have a low dps proc
    <jerus-work> that's taking the proc that is
    <@Elidroth> nothing I can do about that
  2. FatbukSlapmeat Augur

<Fatbuk> Berserker - New AA - Fueled by Blood: Activated AA. Works just like Shaman Spiritual Channeling, except would use HPs for END over Mana. Given our long recast on Self Preservation, it can lead to times we are unable to use Respite/Reprieve/Rest to regain endurance. this would give us a way to be able to dps after gettin a rezzed mid event on a raid or with mobs in camp/on aggro in the group game.
    <@Elidroth> no way to do that Fatbuk
    <@Elidroth> I don't have an effect to translate HP into Endurance
    <@Elidroth> well.. not directly
    <Darrkin_Bard> shame that was a great idea
    <@Elidroth> I could probably do something like Cannibalize
    <Darrkin_Bard> what about like a twitch effect
    <Fatbuk> that works
    <tonzofo> Ya a canni would be cool
    <Rorce_Failboat_Captain> endurance canni would be perfect
    <@Elidroth> I'll see.. not a yes or no right now

<Rorce_Failboat_Captain> Berserkers - New AA - "Bleed Out" - One of two possibilities here. Either add high crit chance to our Blood Blade discipline line, or maybe make it twin castable. This disc line sucks, and we need a reason to use it basically ;p
    <@Elidroth> you should ask Aristo to improve it then
    <tonzofo> How about we just simply remove that ability and put the endurance canni that was going to be in game, in game.
    <Rorce_Failboat_Captain> lol tonzofo
    <tonzofo> lol that was a bad decision by the zerker community!
    <Rorce_Failboat_Captain> so is that a no, elidroth?
    <@Elidroth> it's a no

<Fatbuk> Berserker - New AA - Fit of Rage: Activated AA to replace the broken Dying Blow Passive AA. this would be essentially the same concept as Dying Blow of a big hit as the berserker dies, however being that its activated it would be more of a self-destruct type ability. would need to do a large amount of damage to balance the self imposed damage. Maybe around 80% damage to self.
    <@Elidroth> I'd rather get code to fix the broken Dying Blow
    <Fatbuk> Is it on the list?
    <Synyster> its been broken quite some time
    <Fatbuk> it's never worked
    <Synyster> since SoD
    <@Elidroth> Rtugok is doing some bug fixing soon
    <Darrkin_Bard> did it work in sod even?
    <Synyster> no
    <@Elidroth> I'll ask him to look at it
    <Fatbuk> thanks

<synyster> Zerker - any chance of an aa or set of aa similar to the rangers Scout's Mastery line ?
    <@Elidroth> it's possible
    <@Elidroth> I'm looking at the Scout's Mastery idea right now
    <Brogett> I didn't parse the RoF ones, but Scouts Mastery of Piercing moved the dmg table from 3.75 to 4.00 for rogues. It's a nice passive boost overall
    <Darrkin_Bard> .25 is a fairly nice increase
    <@Elidroth> I think we can probably do a Scout's Mastery type line for Berserkers..
    <synyster> eild will it be all 3 for wep types or you think just 1 aa for all 2h
    <@Elidroth> I would think the new weapon damage add AA would be for individual types
    <synyster> Thats what i figured aswell jsut wanted to double check

<Taliwacker> What about an AA to increase our regular frenzy damage? I see our skill on it maxed out at 230/230 and it does very little damage
    <@Elidroth> Frenzy skill is a tough one to manage
    <Fatbuk> Berserker - on the Scout's Mastery idea. Could you add a Mastery Line for Frenzy? Our Frenzy Ability isn't effected by any discs or activated AAs and would be the easiest way to increase our sustained, non-disc DPS while not effecting our burst.
    <@Elidroth> that can be done

<Fatbuk> Berserkers - Throwing Mastery only increases damage done with throwing weapons. Veteran's Wrath only increases Crit Damage from melee attacks. Could we get Throwing Wrath to increase Crit Damage on throwing weapons?
    <@Elidroth> Fatbuk - seems reasonable

<synyster> Zerkers - any chance of more Flurry aa no increase there since SoD and Zerkers - Any chance for more hastened Cascading Rage a rank or 2 would be awesome were asked while you were afk
    <@Elidroth> no
    <@Elidroth> I've already said no more flurry
    <synyster> to both ?
    <synyster> very well
    <Rorce_Failboat_Captain> more hastened cascading rage to put it on same time frame as our savage spirit / reckless abandon would be nice
    <synyster> ^^
    <Fatbuk> it needs to be lowered because it's a 24 min reuse, not because it needs to match other discs
    <synyster> ^^ too!
    <@Elidroth> I'll do 3 ranks more but then it's done

<Fatbuk> Berserker - War Cry of the Braxi - Any chance to get increased ranks of this?
    <@Elidroth> sec
    <@Elidroth> It's possible.. I'll just have to think about it

<Fatbuk> Berserker - Would it be possible for Berserkers to get an AA similar to Monks Destructive Force?
    <@Elidroth> Oh.. and I like the War Stomp idea for Berserkers.. I might have to do something like that for Warrior's too
    <@Elidroth> Destructive Force ability could work, but the reuse timer will not be short

<Fatbuk> Berserkers - Bloodfury - It's not taking some down to 90% to activate abilities. Can we get another rank?
    <tonzofo> Eye lazors, gotta go out with a bang. When are we getting them?
    <tonzofo> Bloodfury rank increase would actually be pretty nice.
    <@Elidroth> Oh.. so Bloodfury isn't taking you down in HP far enough because of upgrades now?
    <Fatbuk> yeah
    <@Elidroth> ok.. I can do that
    <Fatbuk> thanks
    <@Elidroth> will need to look into it to figure out the right amount
    <@Elidroth> ok.. I'm out. As always, feel free to PM me ideas on the forums
    <Fatbuk> thanks for your time
  3. Daedly Augur

Thanks for posting that Fatbuk. He seemed open to a lot of the idea's that were given. So hopefully some cool new aa's headed our way.