Berserker Cultural Cleave Stacking?

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Junior00, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Junior00 Elder

Just recently came back and I am trying to figure out if I should use this cultural armor or go for T3+ gear. Was there any change to it or is it still the best path to go? I looked around at some Magelos and at goBerserker but nobody seems to have anything recent.

Thank you in advance.
  2. Behelit Augur

technically cultural cleave stacking (7 cleave, 1 fero) is the "best" way to go for maximizing your dps, however as berserkers are a 2hander class we make the least of +flat dmg. also our class BP focus is pretty much a must so you have to swap it in everytime you activate Brutal disc if you went the cultural route. of minor note as well is the throwing focus on the class hands, although iirc they've been parsed to be ~100dps or less so it wouldnt be too much of a factor (but a berserker interested in cleave stacking probably is the type that would want to take into account every aspect of the pros and cons).

personally I dont bother with it as the added effort of BP swapping and plat-sink for cultural armor/augs isnt worth the 700-900dps that it will provide. I wanna say the cultural armor has lower heroic str and dex than the class visibles set too, but i'm to tired to confirm that though so don't take my word on it.
  3. Junior00 Elder

If the increase is the difference of about 1000 dps on an average fight I'm not sure that I really want to go back through the time sink it took to make the crap in the first place. I'll wait to hear in from others, but the Magelos I have seen of some of the more active people doesn't have any cleave stacking.
  4. Ishtass Augur

Yeah I haven't gotten a real straight answer as to why end game raiders don't cleave stack anymore aside from just laziness to do cultural anymore for the small gain. Seems like it's better though.
  5. Phrett Augur

A dead berserker does no DPS, and any benefits of Cleave stacking are not really enough to compensate for the better survivability of the normal gear. (Heroics stats are another thing to consider, but at the moment I don't have time to compare the sets.) Ultimately, just know that cultural is a fine choice if you've got the plat to spare and it's easier for you to acquire than the t4 or CotF t1 gear, but given the choice between the two... well like you said, you looked at the magelos of the top berserkers.
  6. juddor Elder

I run the cleave stacking set up... dont know why others would not..
    Our sustained dps is crap, why throw away 5 to 10% dps? Even as raider you are fine if you keep up on non visables. I also use best visables arms and gloves to narrow hp/ac loss.

We are glass canons.. the only way we die is if we are not watching rampage damage or following event emotes.

Be the best glass canon you can be. Hell I even cleave stack on my warrior (just recently switched to t1 cotf for raid gear.. but use in group content).

1k dps is considerable.. monks/bards/rangers get even better returns.
  7. Songsa Augur

I really see a difference now i traded my cleave setup to a full top tier raid gear. Sure dps is a bit lower but survivability tanking in group or dpsing in raid is way better. Imo cleave gear is good for group bers not tanking but for raiders the dps % gain is lower and the survivability is more important than the marginal dps gain.
  8. Phrett Augur

Based on the two replies above this one I'll just have to assume that the cleave stacking returns may be worth something to groupers... not so much for raiders.

Thousands of HP, a few hundred AC, and more heroics would be the answer to that one...

The returns on cleave stacking come nowhere close to 5-10% of my dps.
    Behelit likes this.