Berserker attack line up

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Muegge, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Muegge New Member

At 95 I feel like I am missing something. My line up, without discs is .

1.Melee attack
    2. Axe of Illdarea
    3 Frenzy
    4. Savage volley

It has been forever since I played but I feel mediocre or atleast like I am missing some other attacks besides the stun or spirited axe throw. Any advice would be great!
  2. Brudal Augur

[30410/3420] Conquering Frenzy Rk. II
    Classes: BER/91
    Skill: Frenzy
    Endurance: 111
    Target: Single
    Range: 50'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s, Recast: 30s, Timer: 11
    Hate: 1
    1: Frenzy Attack for 120 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
    2: Frenzy Attack for 120 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
    3: Frenzy Attack for 120 with 10000% Accuracy Mod
    4: Cast: Overpowering Frenzy Effect
    Text: You strike your opponent and create a vulnerability.
    Strikes your opponent with three Frenzy attacks while making them weaker against additional Frenzy and Throwing attacks.
    [16917] Overpowering Frenzy Effect
    Target: Single
    Range: 50'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 18s (3 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    9: Increase Frenzy Damage Taken by 25%
    10: Increase Throwing Damage Taken by 25%
    Creates a weakness against Frenzy and Throwing attacks.

You should also update from the level 89 "Savage Volley" to the level 94 "Sundering Volley".

Are you using Shared Savagery? It is not something that should be on a spam key but can add generous amount of bonus damage.
  3. Muegge New Member

Awesome! Thank you for taking time out to post this. I did not have the conquering frenzy or the sundering volley. I do have the shared savagery. You rock. Thank you
  4. Drathus Augur

At 100:

Use constantly:

Opener - Punch in the throat.

Perturbing Scream / Vanquishing Frenzy / Frenzy / Brutal Volley / Axe of Zurel / Phantom Assailant

Keep up:

Festering Rage / Open Wound / Augmented Frenzy / Battle Stomp / Cry Carnage / Shared Viciousness / Bloodlust Aura /

Burns: There are several variations to these, but they are all very similar . . .

War Cry: Ancient Cry of Chaos
    Savage Spirit + Juggernaut Surge + Reckless Abandon + Cascading Rage + Third Spire
    Brutal Disc + Blinding Fury
    Avenging Flurry Disc + Blood Pact
    Cleaving Acrimony + Vehement Rage
    Fearless Frenzy + Frenzied Resolve + Desperation

Misc:

Get a Blood Drinker's Coating from Dread Hills Heroic Instance - it's about a 2% of DPS return on life.
  5. Muegge New Member

Drathus. Thank you for the info. Any suggestions for a non damaging taunt/ pulling mechanism ? I get summoned doing the Repo quest in pellucid every time I pull and always end up with more mobs . I have been using my body to pull versus an attack but takes more time.
  6. Brudal Augur

Non-Magical throwing item such as Forged Javelin is one option if the mobs you are pulling are high enough level to only be hit by magical weapons; similar to bow pulling with non magic arrows. Crystallized Pumice or Ring of Dissipation or equivalent for long range dispel agro.
  7. Chunk Elder

I pull summoning mobs with our jolt. I forget what its called, but it does no dmg but still aggros. The range isn't fantastic, but it gets the job done.
  8. Chunk Elder

Isn't perturbing scream on the same timer as our volley? I never end up using it because of that, but I might be missing something.
  9. Drathus Augur

Nope. You want Perturbing up before you start all your ranged attacks. it has a 90 second duration . . . 120 second recast.

Using this high-pitched scream, you can unsettle your opponent and make them more vulnerable to ranged archery and thrown attacks.

Skill Damage Taken (40%)
    Skill Damage Taken (22%)

Followed by . . . Brutal Volley / Brutal Axe Throw / Axe of Zurel

* I left out Brutal Axe Throw above. It should have been listed also.
  10. Drathus Augur

I use Ring of Dissipation from DoDH mission - rare zone drop. It's a 200 range Cancel Magic. Long cast time though - 4 seconds. I don't really pull too often though. Our Self Preservation AA skill (drop aggro) is on a six minute recast, so the ring and aggro drop can be useful at times. The ring has a recast delay of 10 seconds, which is one of the lowest for items. It drops in learning the power mission.
  11. Drathus Augur

Also, for you endurance hogs. Don't forget that Self preservation + Rest is a good combo once you get to a very low endurance point. Self Preservation will drop aggro/combat so you can use the Rest skill if you are in a fast pulling group.
  12. Brudal Augur

According to Lucy Perturbing Scream is on the same timer (Timer 9) as the Axe Throws (Brutal included), Snares, & Stuns. The general consensus on Goberserker seems to favor Axe Throws combined with the 25% throwing increase from the overpowering frenzy line vs the scream line which doesn't stack.
  13. Drathus Augur

Ok well you said Volley =P And that's probably why I left Brutal Axe Throw out up top.

Perturbing Scream can be used with both Brutal Volley and Axe of Zurel, but not Brutal Axe Throw. I typically never use Tendon Gash for snare because I'm usually in a group and same with Temple Crush. Both of those are on the 9 timer also, but I don't believe they do any damage?

Vanquishing Frenzy can be used with Perturbing Frenzy, I guess the question is with staking. If Perturbing completely overwrites VFs Overpowering Frenzy Effect, then it's probably not worth using. I don't know if that is the case. Don't have my berserker on right now.

Vanquishing will be used regardless, because of the Frenzy bonus. It adds adds Skill Damage Taken (25%) / Skill Damage Taken (25%) for 3 tics. Perturbing adds Skill Damage Taken (40%) / Skill Damage Taken (22%) for 15 tics, but you lose Brutal Axe Throw (6471 damage) and your stun / snare.

However, you need to keep a couple things in mind when deciding. Vanquishing Frenzy is up for 18 seconds out of 30. For 12 seconds, you won't have any throwing damage mod at all. If you keep Perturbing up, you will have 90 seconds out of 120 seconds, but Vanquishing will probably be up for part of the 30 second down time. You lose Brutal Axe Throw though.

I guess it depends on your play style and what skills you want available to you.
  14. Brudal Augur

The throwing mods are on different lines (slot 2 for scream, slot 10 for O frenzy) so both can be on a mob at the same time but only the higher %age is used.

Just to nitpick, since scream locks you out of using Axe throw for 2 minutes: you actually lose
    10 x Brutal Axe Throws or 64,710 base damage
    + 10 x type 3 aug damage or 3240 additional damage
    + 10 x Juggernaut's Mastery of Throwing damage mod (unsure how much is added per rank)
    + critical hit damage chance

all to gain 15% on 8 volleys and possibly 8 Zurel's Vengeance effects (Axe is listed as a throwing skill, but not the vengeance effect that causes the damage)

With the base reuse of the abilities benefiting from O Frenzy (11 & 12 seconds), the "12 seconds of no throwing mod" is a non issue due to not being able to use an ability due to refresh. Due to the phantom tic, a 18 second debuff can last up to 23 seconds enough to use the abilities 3 times (use at second 1, 12 & 23) by the time the ability(volley or axe of zurel) is ready again the debuff will be reapplied.

Of course this is just my opinion, I could be wrong.
  15. Behelit Augur

a few small things...

Juggernaut's Mastery of Throwing is +flat dmg to physical damage throwing attacks. so it doesnt effect Brutal Axe Throw at all. for that matter only 7th, glyph, fierce eye, auspice, and illusions of grandeur mod Brutal Axe Throw in any way compared to volley which is modded by everything in our burns except for Savage Spirit.

Axe of Zurel, while being a "throwing skill" is 2hs damage so Scream debuff doesnt effect it.

and while its only 8 volleys think of how many frenzied volleys can proc off those 8 volley, your talking upwards of 50-60 total throwing attempts in that 90sec duration depending on rng, which can then all receive a bonus 15% dmg.

last time I parsed the difference between Axe-Throw line vs Scream line was in early VoA and they about broke even with eachother for overall dps. so I'd assume considering we've gotten a volley upgrade along with more throwing aa's that Scream would have the edge. but I'm too lazy to parse it out as it appears Aristo wants Scream line to be discontinued.

all that said, personally I use Brutal Axe Throw most of the time because I dont like locking out my stun/snare for 2min. I like to have what little utility we have available whenever I may need it.
  16. Drathus Augur

This was the angle I was coming from. I said it was more situational to your needs. If you are in a group where you don't need to snare or stun, you may want to use Perturbing in conjunction with Vanquishing. Also, it's not just 15%, it's the full 40% during the times VF is down. While we can play around with phantom tics and timing clicks perfectly, after 30 minutes of clicking in a group, our timing isn't always perfect =P Hehe

Remember, these debuffs are on the NPC. How long does it take you to kill the NPC? 30 seconds? 2 minutes? This will be a factor. Do you have a ranger in the group? Perturbing damage taken mod affects Archery and Thrown attacks. Although, I'd never use Perturbing over Vanquishing, if I use Perturbing, it would be in conjunction with VF. Does someone else in the group have a debuff that's better?

Anyway, the conversation is great for learning the abilities and when the best time to use them can be. Especially for those who have no clue what the abilities do.

Considering I'm actually a Warrior, I'm doing pretty well =P (Berserker is an alt).