Been a while since I cared - Beta Access/Preorder...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cirise (Juvia), Oct 10, 2023.

1. Cirise (Juvia) Journeyman

First time I actually care about Beta Testing an xpac in a while - not seeing the beta forums yet after my preorder, I assume I'm just jumping the gun and everything will be in place by this evening or so?
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Hekaton Augur

in before uberkingkong posts that super mario maker 2 does beta forums better than eq
    Hobs, Brildon, WFSBelaar and 13 others like this.
  3. Randomized Augur

Snorted coffee out the nose lol good job +1
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Have you tried logging out and back in again?
  5. uberkingkong Augur

What are you excited to test in beta?

If it is alternate personas good.
    Let me know how 1 to 120 is. Well its basically a TLP but everything is open so, it should be an exciting beta.

Who knows maybe alternate persona you get a free 120 of a different class.
    So level to 120 once as anything. Claim/do alternate persona for that character, boom 120 of a different class, just need to worry about getting spells and gear?

btw it says personas, so. Once you claim and if its level retaining. 120 of every class?

Although everyone going from 1 to 120 beta would be pretty banger.
  6. bombyx Journeyman

Just pre-order, but how to access beta server?
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

Every year you have to log out of the forums and back in to refresh your permissions, but I did just do that myself and not there so maybe the system is slow or they have to tie the permissions into the pre-order still.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

Once they fix the beta forum permissions, there will be a post in the Beta General about the beta launchpad. In the meantime, if you would like to use it I made a script to help assist creating the beta installation from your live installation with a link to the beta setup in the user guide. Beta does have to be separate because it has its own launchpad version.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/soulbanshees-beta-layout-transfer-tool.292918/
    Hobs, Molybedium and Sissruukk like this.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Too Funny!
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Cirise (Juvia) Journeyman

Probably helpful for many, but been quit a while so need to rebuild UI anyhow, so not handy for me, but I'll still thank you anyhow for those you will help.
  11. Fenthen aka Rath

Pretty much sums today rather well.
    Hobs likes this.