Beastlord & Ranger Questions

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Madmax1939, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Madmax1939 Lorekeeper

Hello I run a three box set up Enchanter, Ranger and Beast. Been back about a year and still learning things no one was really talking about burns before I left at least I never heard much about it.

My first question is on paragon and focused paragon, Have these abilities lost some of their utility in modern everquest? Usually when I tackle a named I paragon pretty early but am wondering if it is worth it or more of a sideshow ability now. The extra mana and HP dont seem like a lot nowadays.

Also I was thinking of adding beastlords focused paragon into one of my hotkeys but I can't figure out how to switch from targeted mob to target myself use the ability then re target the mob and keep attacking. Is there away to do this without using all or nearly all five lines on my hot button?

I have two burn set ups on my beast lord and an under a minute hotkey setup also for trash fights thanks to a post from another beast on here, its served me well. I think I need to update it to reflect I am 105 now with the proper AAs. I am wondering if someone can recommend a similar set up for my ranger for boss fights and trash fights. I am still mostly mashing keys during named battles and not really setting up hot keys to use his abilities in the proper order.

I do know that some of the ranger abilities don't stack well while others do I plan to try and research this more in the future. I tend to want to rush into the game and play before really trying to perfect my box set up.

One last question if possible anyone know of a post on here or site where I can learn to sync all three of my guys better? I feel I can really make them sing if I Learnt the right order for their burns and abilities during tough fights.
  2. Madmax1939 Lorekeeper

3. Xdevlx Journeyman

Bl paragon, and mini paragon are still $$. I use the focused mostly for myself, not sure if there's a way to make a social out of it, but hitting tab, clicking it, then tabbing again, doesn't take too much time at all. Once you see the spell cast time bar pop up, you can tab back to the mob. When I use this every time it's up, along w/ consumption of spirit, I rarely have mana issues.
  4. Madmax1939 Lorekeeper

Thanks I will try with tab, I've been looking for a socials guide too.