beastlord +2

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Bashiok Crownguard, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Bashiok Crownguard Augur

my friend is playing a 60 beastlord and I want to pick something to 2box with him.

beastlord has like melee and spells and I'm not sure what synergizes the best.

I can heroic one account but he doesn't like the idea of grouping with a heroic'd toon however.

account 1: 85 paladin (heroic), 62 cleric, 47 bard*, 16 enchanter
    account 2: 62 wiz, starting a warrior maybe

I was going to go cleric/wizard but we tried to do undershore franklin teek quest (orcs). 3-5 pulls were rough, whenever I nuked on wizard I got agro and whenever I healed on cleric I got agro. I was thinking about going bard but I don't know if people main bard at high end.

I feel like I could catch up to him even starting at level 1 since he doesn't auto enable either. he did it in the past and now he doesn't play those characters (sk and monk with 2.0)
  2. Belkar_OotS Augur

It will depend on your goals and play styles and what you enjoy. Are you planning to use mercs?

I would probably opt for Shadowknight (pulling, tanking) and Druid (healing, dps, utility). That would provide more flexibility and options for a larger range of content both self contained and with mercs. It also has the advantage of still being a viable 2-box when he's not around.

If you are planning to use mercs without a player tank, you probably will want to use a warrior merc on someone as beasts are not that great as ranged DPS, and chances are high he would not like that play style.
  3. Aerdae New Member

My main boxing group is wiz/bst/brd. I know many would argue, but it's hard for me to imagine many combos that will work better than this and I won't change a thing. Aside from the common points most bring up when talking about these classes, like bst has very good dps but also very versatile, wiz has great dmg and can port around (including their bind point), bard excellent puller and a huge asset to any group, I'll add a few more. First all 3 of these classes are great but don't necessarily require ALOT of button pushing. You won't be boxing the bst but you get the idea, with good macros set up you'll be golden. Also, with a certain song set saved on the bard you can go from maximizing your dps to a more defensive set that has gone a long way in letting my tank merc survive against named all the way through arx mentis. He doesnt live every time but usually, and when he does die the warder handles it. And lastly yes wizards deal huge dmg just a reminder that sometimes that acts defensively either killing a tough named before it uses it's ae again or mowing down multiple mobs quickly to get things under control (obviously bard is even more important for crowd control but many times I've been thankful I play a wizard). Good luck
  4. Ultrazen Augur

Bard/Wiz.

Bard can pull singles, Bst slows, can do group content easily to 105 with j5 mercs. Wiz will give you the most DPS for the least amount of work, which is nice when you're boxing.

Between the ports, evacs, and run speed of the bard, that's a really handy team. The plus side for you is, bards are wanted/needed for end game, and you'll have your own taxi leveled up to boot.

Bard is one of the most interesting/challenging class to play well, I love mine. Even though they are easy to box with /mel if you just want to do that, really getting the most out of them with CC and pulling makes them a ton of fun to play actively. Given how easy the wiz is to box, you'll be able to be on the bard 95% of the time, which is handy when you need to CC things etc.

One of my "main" 3 box teams is BL, Bard, Druid. I love it, great combo and a ton of fun.
  5. Kobrah Augur

my main 3 box is bst main bard and cleric. my bst tanks and I use 3 wizard mercs. but bard will compliment bst most. ive considered druid before but ive boxed my cleric since pop and with bst not being a tank .. having the best healer available makes tankin easier.